Soddy Daisy Girls Coach

GorillasBB

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last i heard, they were going to fire him and replace him w/ Laura Wood? wonder who is in charge down there? I have seen the girls play for several years and i feel like he is a very good COACH. He does a great joB whether he has any talent or not

Edited by passit

All I know is Robert Smith has improved two major programs with the addition of Tom Weathers and has pulled off the unbelieveable in Ron Shumate for the Boy's Coach. I think he is the man in charge. I heard from a very reliable source that the girls' coach will come from the outside, Wood nor any other current SD coach is being considered. The good ole SD rumor mill continues to crank out the rumors and some of the Community sponges just soak it up as fast as the mill can crank it out. Some folks have nothing better to do I guess. sdfan, sorry to talk about you that way. The best school in the county didn't get that way by accident. Look at what's happening and be glad the man is taking steps to correct the programs that need put back on track. If he was getting fired, it would have already happened. I wish we could get him here.

Well sdfan im sure has heard if from reliable source. As did I. And Mr. Smith made a parent start a petition to get Seals fired. I like Mr. Smith and I like the new coaches hes brought in. I also feel Coach Seals doesnt need to be fired. If Mr. Smith hires Coach Wood to be coach he will get a lot of heat for it.

I know someone on the inside who says the petetion issue was totally misrepresented. Seals is promoting the "petition" rumor as a way to misdirect the focus of the Community's discontent with his coaching. The girls' program has gone down and a change is needed. This year has been pitiful and he has the talent. Smith has made several people aware that he is looking outside his present staff for a replacement. Seals is telling everyone Wood is being considered - not Smith. The petition rumor is a bunch of bunk. Seals wants Bobby Knight, his idol, to apply. The school will just have to replace some more chairs because Seals has kicked them all over the gym everytime he wants to pitch a tantrum in front of everyone.