Cloudland upsets Unaka

MiNDGaMeZ43

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

way to stand up and be a man, buzzcut. too many ranger fans kept posting wait until the game, the game happened and now they are saying it didn't matter. give credit where it is do. the rangers have a good team but got beat by a good team. both teams are pretty evenly matched. the game did matter is the aspect that now the highlanders know they are capable of beating the rangers. before all they could do is say so. now they know. some of you ranger fans, not all, this is why some people are so harsh on you. even in defeat there is always an excuse, game didn't matter, refs, someone not there and so on. better decide a way to get a little better so this doesn't happen again. don't think the highlanders will make much noise in the tournaments because they are very inconsistant. have a tendency to be a no show, but on certain nights can play pretty good. right ranger fans?

and by the way, honestabe, the conference title does matter. an honor to show how hard a group of young men have worked for an entire season. do you think it wouldn't have mattered if the highlanders had won it?

Edited by hvwarrior

Umm HVWarrior i believe this is a Unaka, Cloudland post why are you even saying anything at all. Buzzcuts a Ranger fan so i wont say much to them. But ill say what i want when i want. When Unaka comes to play, Cloudland doesnt even come close, at one point they were up 15 and got a little wild. I dont think i said anything about any refs, no one showin up, or any BS like that, i believe all i said was that i think Cloudland is a horrible basketball team. We will see at Milligan. I would say good game landers but i dont have enough common courtesy. I dont think to many of the fans at Unaka care if you are harsh on us or not.

Congratulations to our Lady Rangers who are Conference Champs 2.

Boys i think thats 7 in a row ... So congrats again. :(

Our boys are on Clinch Mt. winning the conference title right now actually.

keep making excuses, sc. why wouldn't the rangers come to play? wasn't Cloudland up by a lot at your place? didn't imply you said something about the refs or others not being there but these are some excuses other ranger fans have made in past threads. it just always seems to be "wait until or we'll see". i believe we saw last night. it's not common courtesy to give credit where it is do just common sense.

This thread Cloudland upsets Unaka, we weren't upset, heck we weren't even mad. We lost the game, plain and simple. We didn't take care of business down the stretch and that's the bottom line. So many parents want to put the blame on every other kid but their own, but I was at the game and I'll be the first to say it that my son DID NOT play up to his potential, but neither did the other players. We fell apart in the fourth quarter and blew it. Did one player do too much? maybe but did four others not do enough? that's possible also. We can point fingers all day but you know what I say...We win as a team and we lose as a team.

You know you've got parents,grandparents, Uncles, aunts in the stands keeping "lists" of other players performance. How many times did they shoot, how many foul shots were missed and so on. Instead of keeping "lists" they need to have their son, or nephew in the gym practicing foul shots, simple lay-ups and ball handling skills. There are no super-stars on this team. They are a TEAM. I think the kids know that and it's certainly time that the parent knew it too. I'll be the first to tell my son that he had a great game, but I'll also let him know if he didn't. It's easy as parents to tell your kid, oh honey it's ok, it wasn't your fault. So-and-so just didn't play well or if they would just get YOU the ball, etc. As parents we need to quit trying to coach these boys and let Donald and Johnny do their job.

Hey, I'm as guilty as the next person. But we can't put the blame on one person for losing nor one person for winning. Again it's all TEAM..... P.S...Good Game McCann....

Edited by luvsbball

I agree with Luvsbball. I heard comments in the stands about "this one should pass more" or "this one shoots to much"...I think we focus on the mistakes and or errors of the other players. With every game, there will be errors, bad shots taken, and passes missed, but putting the blame on the shoulders of one child is so unfair. If they are allowed to celebrate a victory as a team, they should also be afforded the right to lose as a team. I saw a lot of dropped passes, missed layups and just all around lousy play under the goal, but I didn't comment, I just kept on cheering...I also didn't have a "list" of how many passes they dropped either. Why not keep lists of positive things, like Chambers being 80+% on the foul-line or Collins being 80+% from Field Goal range (just made up those numbers, but they seem accurate from where I sit). The parents of these children, often, do more harm than good, when they attend the games. It is so easy to judge and be critical of others children, when you should just focus your concerns on your loved one out there, and make sure they are at the top of their game, or at least gave their best effort. To close, I still thought it was a good game.

Umm HVWarrior i believe this is a Unaka, Cloudland post why are you even saying anything at all. Buzzcuts a Ranger fan so i wont say much to them. But ill say what i want when i want. When Unaka comes to play, Cloudland doesnt even come close, at one point they were up 15 and got a little wild. I dont think i said anything about any refs, no one showin up, or any BS like that, i believe all i said was that i think Cloudland is a horrible basketball team. We will see at Milligan. I would say good game landers but i dont have enough common courtesy. I dont think to many of the fans at Unaka care if you are harsh on us or not.

Congratulations to our Lady Rangers who are Conference Champs 2.

Boys i think thats 7 in a row ... So congrats again. :D

Our boys are on Clinch Mt. winning the conference title right now actually.

By saying that Cloudland is a horrible team, aren't you just putting down Unaka? Remember, they did get beat. Heck of a game though....makes me miss playing.

Thnaks coachtdog your the only person to show class about the game and u diserve to put even more trash talk than anyone snice your son plays but u did'nt u hadly it with class.I belive some people from Unaka have class.It was a geart game maybe one of the best games in Unaka and Cloudland histroy.Good luck landers and rangers down the road hope to see u both at state.

Well well I see we got use afew people on here playing cut throat but ill tell you all the way i seen it lastnight Unaka played very well up until the 4th they went away from what got them up 14 you can say selfish play but it wasnt all that Unaka got out of sink plain and simple as that and the mighty landers didnt quit ill give them that for havin guts but Cloudland people and Unaka people all know deep down in there guts that Unaka is 12points better team than Cloudland.Now see im not knocking mighty Cloudland im just puttin into perspective me and Dale spoke about this lastnight after we left our seats in the top row Unaka has more basketball talent than the mighty highlander have ever thought about but the lander had more fight and are more athletic all around than Unaka but all in all Unaka is 12 point better team no if and or buts about it the truth hurt but thats the way I see it up here on Nowhere Mtn.

signed KingofEngland

I agree with the others on this post that said : This was NOT AN UPSET! Each of the last 3 years it has been the same results. And this year was no different! Out of the two teams i believe Cloudland is the best of the two. Besides both play different types of games. Unaka releys on driving to the basket, hitting layups and drawing fouls. But Cloudland this year had the better big man, and all around better shooting team. Cody Jones and Craig Cooke are the best Three point Duo in North East Tennessee! I bet over 70 percent of Unaka points in both games came off of layups or Foul Shots. And once Cloudland started playing aggressive D and cutting down on the lines, the points for Unaka went down. And turned into a C-House Win! Good Luck To Both Teams in the Future.

And to the comments about Robbie Tolley, I would take him over any player in Carter County. The team just has a hard time getting him the ball at times. No one has proven that they can stop him yet this season. His effort is Up tons since the first of the season, So dont down good players!

Edited by notjustafan

I don't get on here a whole lot, but I've got to post on this subject due to the fact I actually made it to this game. From what I show, Unaka did have the game wrapped up but because of some players' decisions of bad shots, terrible turnovers and lack of hustle, they were beat by the 'Landers. I was very disappointed to hear about how great the Chambers kid has been doing, and him have such an "off" game. He had flaws that most sophomores do not make.

Back to the topic, CoachTDogg your comments on how the Rangers play had a lot to do with someone your related to. B)

I wish both teams the best of luck down the long road ahead. But, I cannot sit here and look and listen to someone make excuse after excuse about how their favored team did not come out victorious when it was due to a lack of mental errors and poor play by many, including the great players that are often talked about on here. Think again before you post about somebody's 11 pts and 10-something boards because the 'Landers actually deserve the credit although I believe deep down that Unaka has a much more talented team. Unaka had the game plain and simple and even though they didn't win they will have another chance.

Another day, another game, another bunch of excuses.. let's just see what happens the next time these 2 face off against each other.

My point.