ONE MORE TROPHY

pujo

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This last one probably goes to DCA ,grab it while its easy. After next season ,you'll have to earn them.

This snide comment is, as they say, Ka-ka.

Anyone who wins State has earned it. Anyone who says otherwise is suffering a bad case of the green-eyed monster and needs to examine themselves and their motives for even posting such a nasty comment. I'm sure Mom would be proud.

Did you even consider that not only did you imply bad things about the privates but you also slammed a lot of good publics by what you said?

Please, someone, tell me I misread this one?

pujo,

i have been reading what you have to say for the last couple of years, and that post is not worthy of you.

if you have a grievance, it is with the tssaa, not the private school teams. all they did was play the opponents that were put before them. those who won championships worked their butts off, and deserve respect for what they achieved.

i am reminded of the things that we want our players to learn from sports. that we cannot change what has happened, only what has yet to happen. that it is as important to lose with class as it is to win with class. and, most importantly, if we cannot give respect, we have no right to expect to receive it.

What gets me is this, these little private schools fight,scracth and claw to stay in the smallest possible classifacation and tell the little public schools to work harder. They don't seem to understand that Nashville or Chatanooga has a little better drawing pool than Roan Mt or Collinwood. They say they don't want a split, that a multiplier will even things out, now they are crying about the multiplier. I have no sympathy. Its not the kids at these schools,they earned what they got, but they were at a huge advantage.

What gets me is this, these little private schools fight,scracth and claw to stay in the smallest possible classifacation and tell the little public schools to work harder.

Now, please explain exactly how privates " fought, scratched, and clawed" to stay in 1a. I hope you are not using a handful of CoachT posters to base that on. Ask anyone at the TSSAA meetings who did the fighting and scratching.

I haven't heard anyone whining about the multiplier except the public posters. I'll state it again...I don't like the multiplier, I think it is unfair, but I also think that it is a reality so so be it.

Compromise doesn't make us all happy, but it doesn't have to make us bitter either.

I think a multiplier is unfair, too. It just shifts the problem up a class or two!!

The debates will not end, even in an outright split (unfortunately).

Some small rural public school will wax everyone and go 15-0 one year in the future and then start spouting off, "CAK and Ezell and all of our former tormentors wouldn't want ANY PART of us this year. Heck, bring on Brentwood Academy and MBA - we'd whoop their butts, too. Are you listening, De La Salle? We want you!"

And then the verbal warfare begins anew over Division I and II battle lines...