ONE MORE TROPHY

pujo

the 1-A privates have had an unfair advantage for several years now,mainly just because of the quality of athletes they have to pick from  anywhere in the country.

My sources tell me that the 1A TN privates had a good haul this winter with kids out of Delaware, Idaho, and New Mexico. On the flip side, the Maine and Wyoming classes were not as of high quality as they usually are for Tennessee schools. Word has it that the Mississippi private coaches were talking trash about the Tennessee privates this past year, thereby reducing the Volunteer State's take in ME and WY.

I have one word for all of you: "MINNESOTA"! You will be hearing the names of Minnesota kids playing for the Bruins and Panthers and Lions and Wildcats et al. for years to come!!! What a coup! Great work.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then:

(howard dean impersonation)

Ohio! and Indiana!, Massachusetts! New Hampshire! then Arizona! Alabama! South Carolina! Yaaaaaoaooowaoaoawwwaaaaaoooooo!

please, a moment of silence in memory of Howard Dean's candidacy which coincedentally enough made as much sense as most arguments provided by Pujo.

Ever notice you've never seen pujo and Howard Dean in the same place at the same time? Hmmmm.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And now you should be happy. The dominate 1A privates will be moving up.How many of those schools won consecutive state titles in football? ZERO!!! The last team to do so was in 97 and 98. The scores in those two years were 45-0 in 97 and 63-18 in 98. Who was the team and which classification will they be in now?I wonder how many years before they double the 5 gold balls they already have.

This is very true. Ironically enough, 1a has not lent itself to one team dominating. A group of teams are always up there, but you have to sort through them to get the championship.

A single A private school has NEVER won back-to-back. Only one, (DCA) even has multiple state championships.

How many does south pitt have? Moore Co.? Bruceton? Trousdale (before they moved).

This is very true. Ironically enough, 1a has not lent itself to one team dominating. A group of teams are always up there, but you have to sort through them to get the championship.

A single A private school has NEVER won back-to-back. Only one, (DCA) even has multiple state championships.

How many does south pitt have? Moore Co.? Bruceton? Trousdale (before they moved).

Trousdale has 5 , 3 at 1A, 1 at A before the split, one in AA before the split

South Pitt has 3, 2 at 1A, one at A way before the split('69)

Bruceton has 1, before the split in A

Moore Co. has 0

Only Trousdale out of those four has more than one in a row(2)

In fact only three teams have ever won more that one in a row in 1A or A, Trousdale(2) at 1A, Sweetwater(2) and Alcoa(3) at A.

11- 1A championships 6 private 5 public

21- A championships 6 private 15 public

It looks funny to me, that, since the split, teams from a subset of the 1A schools that is about 25% of the schools in 1A, account for over half of the state champions. Not to mention the 7 out of 11 runnerups that are private schools.

Trousdale has 5 , 3 at 1A, 1 at A before the split, one in AA before the split

South Pitt has 3, 2 at 1A, one at A way before the split('69)

Bruceton has 1, before the split in A

Moore Co. has 0

Only Trousdale out of those four has more than one in a row(2)

In fact only three teams have ever won more that one in a row in 1A or A, Trousdale(2) at 1A, Sweetwater(2) and Alcoa(3) at A.

11- 1A championships 6 private 5 public

21- A championships 6 private 15 public

It looks funny to me, that, since the split, teams from a subset of the 1A schools that is about 25% of the schools in 1A, account for over half of the state champions. Not to mention the 7 out of 11 runnerups that are private schools.

What's "funny" about it?

In 35 years of football playoffs in A and 1A, 14 different public schools have won 23 titles and 10 different private schools have won 12 titles.

Trousdale County has won 4 times. South Pitt and Aloca have won 3 times each. Lake County, Sweetwater, DCA and CPA have won twice each.

Details -

4 - Trousdale County (public) -1990, 93, 97, 98

3 - South Pittsburg (public) - 1969, 94, 99

3 - Aloca (public) - 1977, 78, 79

2 - Sweetwater (public) - 1971, 72

2 - Lake County (public) - 1980, 85

1 - TPS (public) - 1970

1 - Dyer County (public) - 1973

1 - Walland (public) - 1975

1 - Rockwood (public) - 1976

1 - Gordonsville (public) - 1984

1 - Spring Hill (public) - 1986

1 - Greenback (public) - 1987

1 - Bruceton (public) - 1989

1 - Oneida (public) - 1992

23 total - 14 different schools

2 - DCA (private) - 1988, 96

2 - CPA (private) - 2000, 02

1 - Brentwood Academy (private) - 1974

1 - Webb Scholl of Knoxville (private) - 1981

1 - Memphis Catholic (private) - 1982

1 - ECS (private) - 1983

1 - FRA (private) - 1991

1 - BGA (private) - 1995

1 - Ezell-Harding (private) - 2001

1 - Boyd-Buchanan (private) - 2003

12 - total - 10 different schools

Edited by Bighurt

And then:

(howard dean impersonation)

Ohio! and Indiana!, Massachusetts! New Hampshire! then Arizona! Alabama! South Carolina! Yaaaaaoaooowaoaoawwwaaaaaoooooo!

please, a moment of silence in memory of Howard Dean's candidacy which coincedentally enough made as much sense as most arguments provided by Pujo.

Ever notice you've never seen pujo and Howard Dean in the same place at the same time? Hmmmm.....

hahahahahaha