school that dont get credit?

lowsingleman

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have to give a nod to a couple of teams from region 1. Elizabethton and Sullivan East.

Both of these teams did not field a complete team all season but had very competitive wrestlers. I believe if these teams could field a full complement of weights they would have been able to win more dual meets. Giving up 6 points for an empty scoresheet hurts.

Along those lines a team from region 2 deserves some credit. Although I only saw Gibbs a couple of times they seemed to have competitive wrestlers.

There is a new format for dual meet tournaments that Coach Brimer has brought back from a tournament that he took Greeneville to last year. It's actually a split format.

Starting with two pools each team wrestles a dual meet format. After pool wrestling is finished, the best record of each pool in each weight class wrestles each other for 1st and 2nd. The second best in each pool in each weight class wrestle for 3rd and 4th. Each team is given points for where their wrestlers finish in their respective finals match.

It is an interesting format and helps a team like those mentioned above who don't fill 14 weights classes. They get alot of wrestling done and have a shot at placeing in the tournament.

Any thoughts?

voleagle I really hope that you are not from Seymour.

If I find out that you are part of, or associated with, our program, you will no longer continue to be. If you are from Seymour, then you realize that I will find out who you are.

Congrats to all the State Tournament Qualifiers from Region II. Good Luck at State!

Darrel Lauderdale

What about East Ridge. I realize that they do get some credit but definately not as much as the deserve. Granted they didnt make it to Region 4 Duals, but they dont have as many wrestlers as most schools do. Dario Rudas, both Hoovers, and most of their other wrestlers are headed to state...in a tough region.

In the last 5 years there have only been 4 teams in DI that have finished in the TOP 10 in all five years. I know most of us would guess correctly on three of those four, Bradley, Soddy Daisy and Clarksville, but the fourth team was a bit of a surprise.......not Cleveland, Overton, Brenwood, Franklin but it is EAST RIDGE. Coach Brad Jackson always seem to get his team ready for the state and this year will not be any different I'm sure.

In the last 5 years there have only been 4 teams in DI that have finished in the TOP 10 in all five years. I know most of us would guess correctly on three of those four, Bradley, Soddy Daisy and Clarksville, but the fourth team was a bit of a surprise.......not Cleveland, Overton, Brenwood, Franklin but it is EAST RIDGE. Coach Brad Jackson always seem to get his team ready for the state and this year will not be any different I'm sure.

Once again East Ridge joins Bradley, Soddy Daisy and Clarksville has the only teams to finish in the top 10 now 6 years in a row. Congratulations to East Ridge coaches on another great season.