Rockwood

RHSBASEBALL99

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are the pitching staffs holding up? Six games in 5 days has to wear on the staff and Harriman should be a bit fresher only playing #4 this week, so I hate to say it, but Harriman may have a little edge in this one. Obviously, both Coach Lane and Andy will try to win the game tomorrow, but I wonder if they might be tempted to let their top pitchers rest and throw the 3,4, or 5 pitchers. The game tomorrow may come down to fatigue and some "Big Picture" Strategical moves. Any other thoughts?

I imagine both teams will save their top two pitchers for next week. Here's my guess on pitching:

For Rockwood, Robert Gilmore pitched Tuesday and I think he'll go on Monday. Set Robinson pitched Wdnesday and will go again Wednesday if they win on Monday.

For Harriman, Eble threw Wednesday and will go again Monday. Hampton threw today and will go again Wednesday if they win.

The only way any of these guys will throw tomorrow is a one inning save situation.

Neither team is hurting for pitching tomorrow. Michael Gilmore threw Monday and will probably start for Rockwood. Brian Reed hasn't thrown any this week and could also start for the Tigers.

Harriman will probably go with Matt Dishman or Sam Cummings. Both would be fresh. Billy Ledbetter, Chris Best and Dustin Baker could also pitch for the Blue Devils.

So needless to say, each team has plenty of pitching for tomorrow and no one will have to worry about an injury.

I also don't think it matters too much who wins tomorrow because CAK, Greenback, Harriman and Rockwood all have good teams and each could win Monday if they play well. Sure the Tigers and Devils would like to play at home, but I think they'd rather have their aces throwing with regular rest.

Again these are just guesses.

Yes the score was 6-0. Robert Gilmore went the whole way for Rockwood, and did a great job. ET his a 3-run homer in the top of the 7th to make the score 6-0, and that was all the insurance Gilmore needed. Not a bad day for Gilmore pitching at all especially after he just signed about 3 hours before the game started.