Rockwood

RHSBASEBALL99

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I'm actually waiting to get another district so that I can run them all at once. Sometimes coaches ask that the list is held until the season is over so no players or parents get mad during the season and that causes a problem. I'll do my best to have them all in within a week.

Here's the list

Player of the Year: Ricky Lowe (Coalfield)

Pitcher of the Year: Jason Eble (Harriman)

Coach of the Year: Andy Adcox (Harriman)

The rest:

Jeff Hampton- Harriman

Willie Dutton- Sunbright

Alex Hall-Harriman

Michael Gilbert- Coalfield

E.T. McCreary- Rockwood

Cory Dryman- Harriman

John T. Armes- Wartburg

Bo Kidd- Oneida

Daniel Morgan- Wartburg

Tim Landrum- Wartburg

Robert Gilmore- Rockwood

Tyler Meredith- Coalfield

Jordan Young- Sunbright

Chris Torgler- Oakdale

Chris Young- Oakdale

Seth Robinson- Rockwood

Dan Chandler- Rockwood

Billy Ledbetter- Harriman

Tyler Miller- Harriman

Michael Wilke- Wartburg

I'm glad you asked about this earlier because I had honestly forgot about these. I called the schools where I didn't have lists before the district tournaments began and I idn't have all of them. I haven't called since and with tomorrow being the last day of school, it would be real difficult toround up next week.

I think Rockwood could have/ should have had more players on this team, but I think teams are given only a certain number of players according to where they finished. I think Willis and Goddard from Rockwood are two players that deserved this honor. I think Willis has as much potential and raw ability as any player in Roane County in quite some time. He makes a few mistakes, but most are simply from being aggressive and as he gets older he'll make those plays. I've enjoyed watching Goddard ever since he was a freshman. The kid makes every play look routine at third and can really rob guys on occasion.

A case could also be made for outfielders Corey Payne, Brian Reed, Chris Beeson as well as Matt Cook at second. I know this pretty much names every player on the team, but the Tigers do have a lot of very good players that would be stars on most of the other teams in the district.

Harriman also has a few players that could have made the team but didn't, but not everyone can make it. Boy, picking an All-County Team this year will be difficult.