Rockwood

RHSBASEBALL99

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tigers take it 3-2 in 11 innings, Dan Chandler pitched 3 innings and earned the win after Robert Gilmore pitched 8 allowing only 2 runs. In the bottom of the 11th, with two outs Matt Goddard stole second, advanced on a throwing error by the catcher and scored the walk off run on another throwing error by the 2nd basemen. For Harriman, Hampton pitched 9 innings allowing 2 and Cummings pitched 2 and 2/3 and one unearned run and gets the loss.

Batting Highlights: RHS, Willis 1-5 1 SB 1 run scored, McCreary 2-4 1 run 1 rbi, Chandler 1-4 1 rbi, Goddard 1-4 1 SB 1 run.

HHS Grizzard 3-5 1 run, Ledbetter 1-3 1 run, Dryman 0-3 2 hbp 1 rbi, Dishman 0-3 1 sacbunt 1 rbi

Tonight's game may have been the best I've ever watched or at least the best with some much on the line. There were diving catches, great pitching and each team left it on the field. The only thing I didn't like was a bad defensive play led to the winning run. A game like that deserved a shot to the wall with a perfect relay and a bang-bang play at home.

Both teams have to be drained emotionally and they'll need to regroup and refocus quickly because it's less than 48 hours until the ticket to Memphis is punched.

With the season series tied 3-3 how does this sound? Friday May 28 at 6 p.m. local time, Rockwood and Harriman at Autozone Park in Memphis for the season series and a state title. It could happen.

Guest RHSTIGERS

3D- Probably the best picture we faced all year. Good control of all pitches. Thats all you're getting from me cause i will be pulling for Harriman. Lets go BLUE DEVILS And TIGERS lets see if we can get 2 Roane County teams in the state tourny this year.

Now there you go. I'm probably one of about 10 people at the park who wants both teams to win. But I had two reasons why I stayed on the Harriman side of the field tonight. First: I was looking for a play at the plate picture with a good shot of the catcher's face. I probably got a couple of them. Second: I'm stubborn. Last week at the district tournament, I spent the first two innings of a game on the first base side, then I went over to the 3rd base side for the next four innings. Then in the seventh inning, when I knew Rockwood had the game wrapped up, I went back to the first base side in order to get a better celebration picture from a Rockwood player. I figured Goddard coming in from third would be the most emotional and I wanted him coming toward the camera. But as I came from the third base side to the first base side between innings, a Rockwood fan (don't know or don't care who) yelled "you're just coming over on our side now because we're winning" or something like that. Needless to say that upset me off a bit.

Tonight, I arrived at the game just as it started and came in on the third base side because I was a couple of pitches late. Needless to say, before the inning ended I heard someone yell out something to the effect that I was over there with my Blue Devil friends.

At that point, I decided to see just how long this fan would yell at me and I'm proud to say that I heard about it throughout the game as I was being stubborn. I even told Coach Lane about it after the game and we had a good laugh.

But to anyone that thinks I prefer one team over another well that's simply crazy. I want them to win every game they play just as every team in Roane County. If there's a way they could both win when they play each other then that would be even better.

I don't get upset often, but when someone implies that I favor Harriman over Rockwood or Rockwood over Kingston or Kingston over OS or anything to that effect, I take it personally. I try to do the best job possible. I spend a lot of nights away from my wife and 9-year-old son because I take my job seriously. Since the start of district tournaments, I have been home one evening and that was Sunday and if someone would have played I would have been there. Could I do my job better? Yes because until every game played by every team has a story in the paper then it could be better. But it's not because of a lack of effort.

Well, sorry to ramble but I'd rather someone ask me a question rather than yell at me during a game because it is embarrassing. Maybe I'll start going to where other people work and yell and embarrass them a bit and imply they are biased or things like that.

I'm not meaning to make anyone mad, it's just that I'm a little mad and felt like typing.

Good luck Tigers and Devils on Friday and again "heck OF A GAME".

Eble will throw any pitch at anytime for a strike. Plus, he's a competitor and gets better as the game goes because of that. He's simply fun to watch and he's one of those players that if you like baseball then you'll like him. I know he has a great curve and a pretty good fastball and his change is also good. he does a good job keeping the hitters guessing.

If he relys on off speed pitches and breaking balls I favor Unaka. Ask University High what happens when you throw off-speed stuff and curve balls. Unaka stays back on curve balls and change-ups as good as any team you'll see. No one gave them a chance to make the state in basketball and this is almost the same group that brought home the gold ball. They are very good when Swearingen is 100 %. He is starting to pitch well tossing a 3-hit shutout against Region 1 AA champion Unicoi County earlier this month.

Rockwood saw them early in the season with the basketball players having not been outside at anytime up to that point.

It might be an all-Roane County sweep but you'll find out those kids can play from Stoney Creek.