Youth Wrestling Tournaments in TN?

DannyT

I'm originally from Nashville, now living in the Richmond, VA area. I have an 8 yr. old son (55 lbs.) that wrestles.

My father, his grandfather is going blind and he wants to see his grandson wrestle before he does go blind.

I am looking for a Folkstyle Tournament in the Nashville area either in March or April. I would perfer it not be on March 27 because of the Southern Nationals in Raleigh, NC.

Does anybody know of any such tournaments? I have been searching for about a month with no avail. Here in VA. from November until April, we have youth tournamnets every weekend, but the problem is, my father cannot drive to watch.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

DannyT, If you can't find a youth tournament in Tennessee that works for you here is one in Atlanta you could consider:

GEORGIA WRESTLING ASSOCIATION PRESENTS

2004 AAU YOUTH NATIONALS - March 20th & 21st 2004

Georgia State University

125 Decatur Street SE - Atlanta , Ga. 30303

This is a Nationally sanctioned AAU K-8th grade challenge to the top folkstyle wrestlers in the nation. Youth wrestling in Georgia and the nation is growing rapidly and we expect to attract many of the nations top quality youth wrestlers. Great competition must have great officiating and we will put together one of the best groups of officials. Pre-registration and weight declaration is mandatory and will allow us time to plan the competitive format. Three matches are guaranteed. Running on 12 mats in one location. Start on a mat, stay on that mat.

For more information visit: www.aaugwa.com

Danny, here are some specific tournaments that are relatively close to Nashville in March and April: March 6th: Future Champions Tullahoma Invite., March 13th: AAU tournament in Cookeville; March 20th: AAU Regional in Crossville; April 17th: USA Williamson County Freestyle Tournament. Also there is a tournament on February 28th: Williamson County folkstyle. Hope that helps out.

RMC, I am a TSSAA Official with 10 years experience & 3 state tournaments. I have an Aunt that lives in Atlanta that I am always looking for an excuse to visit, if you're looking for more officials from other areas. Also my bother is also an official with 14 years & 4 state tournaments. Please reply if your interested & give me info to contact you. THANKS, ONEBLINDREF

P.S. Don't let the name fool you.

Also called in AAU Elementary National Dual Tournament in Kingsport, TN the last 4 years.

Edited by oneblindref