MVP 7A

onthego

Congratulations to 2 great players. But, hey, it was a coin toss...both are still tied for 1st in the district. All Celina won was a coin toss for scheduling purposses. Pickett and Celina are Co-Champions of the District based on their 8-2 records. The coin toss doesn't change that. I'd rather play RBS than Clarkrange. RBS looked very slow last night. Clarkrange has more depth and more 3 point shooters, so i think Pickett actually got the best of the coin toss even though they blew out the Buffaloes in both their games.

Congrats to those two players, well deserved. But if you would rather play RBS than Clarkrange, something is wrong, you guys beat Clarkrange by 35 and 32 and that is impressive, but remember RBS took you guys 4 out of the last 5 time you guys have played(2 last regular season, 1 time in the district tourney and 1 time this year). Yes, you guys got RBS by 19 the last time you played them but look at the talent level of RBS and the talent level of Clarkrange. Yes RBS has been poor at time this year, since Matt Heady went down but the have also gotten some big wins. If RBS comes to play then nobody wants a piece of them but if they come to lolly gag around then RBS will be out in the early part of the regions. The talent level at RBS is very high with Mason, Meador, Hudson, and England but after that RBS doesnt have much, so they have to stay out of foul trouble. I know you guys shut England down there at Pickett but that doesnt happen to often. Hey it my opinion, and good luck to all! Oh yea, pickett has a piece of that district championship, it isnt all cellina's.

Edited by jimbobcooter

Congrats to those two players, well deserved. But if you would rather play RBS than Clarkrange, something is wrong, you guys beat Clarkrange by 35 and 32 and that is impressive, but remember RBS took you guys 4 out of the last 5 time you guys have played(2 last regular season, 1 time in the district tourney and 1 time this year). Yes, you guys got RBS by 19 the last time you played them but look at the talent level of RBS and the talent level of Clarkrange. Yes RBS has been poor at time this year, since Matt Heady went down but the have also gotten some big wins. If RBS comes to play then nobody wants a piece of them but if they come to lolly gag around then RBS will be out in the early part of the regions. The talent level at RBS is very high with Mason, Meador, Hudson, and England but after that RBS doesnt have much, so they have to stay out of foul trouble. I know you guys shut England down there at Pickett but that doesnt happen to often. Hey it my opinion, and good luck to all! Oh yea, pickett has a piece of that district championship, it isnt all cellina's.

I wouldn't say that i would rather play either team. Both teams proved thursday night that they are pretty even with or without meador. RBS made some runs to keep them in the game and so did Clarkrange. This should make for an interesting tournament, but i don't think it's fair to say one of these two teams is better than the other. Both games this season have been very close with the most recent game of course going into double OT. good luck next everybody!!!

Coach of the Year: Greg Bibb - Pickett County

CO-MVPs: Chase Stephens - Clay County / Joseph Bailey - Pickett County

1st team:

Daniel Meador Red Boiling Springs

Marcus Hudson Red Boiling Springs

Josh Wright Pickett County

Eric Stafford Clay County

Richard Laws Clarkrange

2nd Team:

Luke Mason Pickett County

Joe England Red Boiling Springs

Jacob Key Monterey

Saylor Walden Clay County

Nathan Groce Pickett County

3rd team:

Jon Frazier Clay County

Dustin Mitchell Pickett County

Dusty Adams Clay County

Lance Mason Pickett County

Levi Garrett Clarkrange

Regular Season Order of finish:

Co-Champions: Clay County (17-11 , 8-2) / Pickett County (25-6, 8-2)

(coin toss for #1 tournament seed won by Clay County)

#3 Red Boiling Springs (20-8, 7-3)

#4 Clarkrange (10-19, 5-4)

#5 Monterey (5-23, 2-8)

#6 Hermitage Springs (2-21, 0-10)

:lol: