Chris Sullivan, dedicated wrestler

LovethoseRockets

I don't know how many of you were in Chattanooga to see this, but those of you who did see it had to have been moved. Chris Sullivan, the #1 wrestler at 171 from Region 5 from Forrest High School in Chapel Hill, tore his calf mussle in the final match of the region tourney. He had no choice but to wrestle hurt or forfeit at state level. Well, he wound up finishing 6th in the state, because in the match to determine how the consolations would wind up on Saturday morning, the pain finally was unbearable for him. He couldn't even put any weight on his right leg. As his coach carried him from the mat after the second period, many in the stadium gave him a standing ovation. He deserved this showing of respect. He showed more determination than any wrestler I've ever seen.

His goal for many years has been to be "on the wood" at the end of state competition. With a determined heart, you made it, big guy. Congratulations Chris, for an outstanding career at Forrest. We're all proud of you.

I couldn't agree more. I wrestled Chris in his last match as a high school senior, and it was painful for me to shake his hand as his coach carried him off the mat. He got my respect today, as well as anyone who was in that stadium.

Amen to that!! We've always thought highly of Chris at Smyrna. He's a tough competitor and a fine young man. :)

God bless!!

Dave Sommers

I am very proud to say that my son taught me saturday what it meant to fight for a dream ... for 5 years I always heard one day I will * stand on the wood * Mom

After seeing what happened at regoins I was so afraid his dream wouldn't come true ..... I had to walk out in the hall and watch as he wreslted his last match against Kirns ... But he won and as his coach carried him off the mat .... The expession on his face is one I'll never forget ....

I hoped he'd heal some before state but after finding out his calf was tore my heart sank ...

I watched each match and with every win I was so emotional I knew he was determined to go as far as he could .... During his last match with Adam Valentine he gave all he had left as he was carried off the mat and everyone stood up and gave him a standing ovation ..... I was so impressed by all of it !!

Christopher you are Our Hero ......

Edited by forrestrocketfan