A show of class...

Wrestle90

Just my opinion, but I don't think you chant "it's great to be a bradley bear" because the 215 wins the title. If it was just for him you'd all stand up and cheer for him and chant his name, perhaps. But since they chose to go with that cheer, I think it gave off the impression that you were celebrating being state champions, once again. And I'm not sure if I'm right on this, but I was sitting right beside (basically in) the section with the Bradley fans, and most of the Bradley crowd booed in the parade of champions as the 112's were announced. It seemed to me like it was directed towards mike ortiz. That's not very classy, in my opinion. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm not I'd like to know why they booed him.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am one of the Bradley fans. And I did hear and acknowledge the efforts of the 4x Champs in DII. We were involved with our matches in DI but we did stand and applaud Scott and Jordon when they were announced as 4x state champs. Believe it or not we were rooting for both of them to become the 4th and 5th 4x State Champs in DII. Congrats to them. I just wnated the DII fans to know we were involved but not blind to these great accomplishments. ;)

Likeachump171, The Bradley fans never booed anyone. You were either sitting near some other fans or lying. I was in the middle of our cheering section and we applauded every State Champ that was crowned. We stood and cheered for all the Soddy guys that won. So get off the Bradley Bashing and go on to something you can make constructive comments about. Try golf or swimming. :ph34r::ph34r:

I saw many displays of classy behavior. DI fans DID cheer for Leen and Scott's victories. DII fans cheered those great matches in the DI finals. Lots of fans cheered for the game effort the MBA kid put up against Scott. By their clapping, the fans in the arena tried to pick up Holliman after his double OT loss against West. Except for the chair-throwing incident and the two coaches getting flagrant misconducts in the finals, I witnessed a great deal of class. I hope all of the coaches, fans, and wrestlers realize that the next generation of wrestlers always attend this event. Everyone needs to model the highest degree of sportsmanship for those young kids. My respect to all of those schools, coaches, and wrestlers who did.

Sorry, i would also have to disagree with the booing of the 112 weight class. No one booed that was wearing black and gold... Sorry. Seems like everytime i get on this site there is something a bradley fan, wrestler, girlfriend.... someone did. WOW! Anyway... Congrats to Mike Ortiz. he deserves it.

I would have to agree with Toughest on this. I was also sitting with the Black and Gold and there was no booing of anyone coming from our section. We applauded all the champions during the parade. They all deserved it.

I FEEL THAT IF THE P.A. ANNOUNCER WOULD HAVE BEEN A LITTLE LOUDER THOSE TWO FINE WRESTLERS WOULD HAVE GOTTEN BETTER CROWD APPRECIATION. GO BACK TO WHEN MATT KELLER WON HIS FOURTH THE P.A. ANNOUNCER MADE A LARGER DEAL OUT OF HIS 4 STATE TITLES THAN THE OTHER NIGHT. WHO EVEREIS ON THE MIKE SHOULD SEE TO IT THAT THE KIDS WITH 3OR MORE STATE TITLES RECEIVE STANDING OVATIONS.

I may be wrong by I was told Bradley had the championship locked up early Sat Morning, so they weren't cheer after the 215lber won, because they won the state, but because Matt Bailey had a rough season and at one point was going to leave the team. That is one of the reason's Braldey Fans were so happy for him, and as for the Booing most of it was coming for the Farragut section, along with the kids standing up shooting birds at the Bradley section.

Oh Braldey had wrestlers wrestling at the same time as Ryan and Jordan, so I don't guess they did give as much attention to their matches as the others.

But everyone is very proud to say we have 2 more 4x state champs from TN.

Edited by LovinIt