Video cameras

echcmom

Has anyone ever heard of video cameras not being allowed to be used in a basketball game? In Marion County tonight the head coach told the fans that they had to put away their video cameras - that only one per team was allowed. He said it was in the TSSAA regulations. The way I interpreted the rule was the only a school taping its own game may use a tripod but that anyone in the stands could film as long as they stayed in their seats, video taped only the games in which they were playing, and the tapes were not used for public or commercial use. I've seen people video basketball games all year. (I even saw them video taping at Marion County last night). Why invoke this "rule" tonight? Did I miss something in the interpretation? If anyone can enlighten me, I would appreciate it.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2003-04 TSSAA Handbook

Page 1 July 1, 2003

VIDEO TAPING REGULATIONS

1. General Regulation

Video taping or filming is permitted as long as the taping or filming is for private use or use by the two schools involved and not for public or commercial use. Video taping or filming must be done from the individual’s seat. Individuals will not be allowed to use tripods. A school taping or filming its own game may use a tripod. A school will not be allowed to tape or film a game unless its team is involved in the game.

Handbook in PDF format

It is all about money. If your tripod is taking up space that people want to sit in, it causes problems. Tape for the team and you can get a copy. By the way if you have a microphone plug in on your video camera, hook it up to the headphone oulet on a radio or the terminal outlet on the radio stations transmitter and get the radio broadcast on your video tape it is neat.

I think the rule is there to keep other teams from taping teams. A coach can sit in the stands and take notes or whatever to help prepare his team to play but I can see where some schools or fans would film teams they are going to play. I don't know if basketball teams share film like football teams do or not. :lol:

Edited by Vultor