7AA vs 8AA

sleep23

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MLK vs. Livingston.

I say MLK wins by 20+. They are the best team in the region, Livingston doesn't stand a chance.

Portland vs. York

Portland and York game too close to call. Should be the best of the match ups. Interesting to see the Brewer vs. Ledbetter match up.

Hume-Fogg vs. Smith County

Hume-Fogg beats Smith County. Looks like Hume-Fogg's loss to MLK could've been the best thing that happened to them. Not only do they not have to play York or Livingston, but they draw out against Smith County. Hume-Fogg by 15+.

David Lipscomb vs Upperman

Libscomb keeps it close until the end of the 3rd, start of the 4th. Upperman pulls this one out and wins by 12+.

:D

Portland's home court advantage will play a large role. Not as much because of the fans but because their players can shoot there better than anywhere else as it is with most home teams. Brewer can usually shoot on the road and be effective, but oftentimes the other four will not have as high a percentage. Beware opposing fans, the Brew Crew over in the corner of the gym will get you if you cheer against their baby. Edited by hsfball

Well 7aa, I hate to break your hearts but the guys from 8aa are just a cut above right now just like your girls are above ours. I've seen all the teams play and the guys out in 7aa are just a lil too slow footed and lack the athleticism to match up with 8aa. MLK vs. Livingston could get ugly quick. Hume Fogg is too physical and too athletic and will gobble up the guards from Smith. Portland and York, I think that this could be the closest game of the group because as Brewer goes Portland goes, but I think Portland pulls away late. And to whoever was talking about the Brewer vs. Ledbetter match up, head to head that isn't very much of one when you are talking about a McDonald's all american versus a very good player from 7aa. And for Lipscomb and Upperman, Upperman hasn't seen man defense like what will be thrown at them. Thats the underlying problem I see between the two districts is that 8aa as far as physicality on the defensive end is just too far ahead of 7aa and that is what will happen. Lipscomb will frusterate Upperman offensively and I think DL wins this one by 10+. Now for the girls......well i see the same kinda sweep over there but just different teams sweeping. Good luck to all!

I believe MLK will handle Livingston easily. HFA should handle Smith Cty, even though Smith has been playing well lately. Don't think Brewer is going to let his season end on Tuesday, but more importantly his team doesn't want to let him down. They are playing very well and, from what I've read on CoachT, York is struggling of late. Portland will pull away in the 4th. Upperman vs Lipscomb should be a great game. Someone refered to DL as cocky, but I see a very talented team that is not playing with confidence right now. I know they are capable of winning this region, they just need to believe it themselves. I expect a decent turnout even though the game is early.

Good luck to the Mustangs and good luck to all of the 8AA teams.

well well....8AA is the favorite in most of the games....but this is a tournament and there will be upsets....i say MLK will get LA....i think brewer is startin to play on another level...i guess thats why he is a mcdonalds all american...so Portland will win that game...i think the DL/Upperman game will be good...but ya'll gotta remember...this Upperman team has about 5 players that played on the team that went to the state 2 years ago...they know how to win....i think Upperman will win that one....and i dont think home-fogg is quicker than Upperman...so i think SC will give them a game and win that one due to their size....

so i think SC will give them a game and win that one due to their size....
Sleep did you forget that hume fogg has a 6'10" center that will give SC inside games a lot of problems. And to say that HF isn"t any quicker than upperman may be the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. HF's 3 guards are as quick as anyone in the state. I've seen both play and Upperman's quickness doesn't even compare to Hume Fogg's. Edited by oldschool74