Union County got worst call ever

LoBaf

There's a ref who should be barred from anything but junior pro. The one who decided a tournament game at the buzzer by calling a foul on a 3 when the player falls forward as he shoots. I personally know of 4 coaches from other schools who saw the game and 2 off duty refs who saw the call and said it was unquestionably bogus. It was .THE WORST. Is there a mechanism for complaint for a call THAT BAD? There are bad calls and bad calls, but I've always been told that a ref should not decide a game when the situation is like this one. There was NO foul. UC had was up 10 points at the beginning of the quarter. Why does a ref take the game away? (I don't habitually complain about reffing) :blink:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LoBaf, it all depends on who your playing with some of these refs. A lot of people give us a hard time for "ref bashing" and seem to think we always want to blame our losses on the refs. Not so. We have won many games and STILL complained about the bad officiating. I don't believe anything will ever be done about it.

We all saw that game last night where the bad call cost you the game. And you all know I'm not even from UC. You will never get a fair called game when you go up against South Greene. There were some other very questionable calls during that game. Even once, a ref made a call and then the other ref changed it. If one ref sees SG last touch the ball before it goes out of bounds, how can the other ref (on the other side) change that call...without saying, "oh, by the way, you missed that one!" Golly jeez...that tells me even the refs on the court are confirming what we all know in the stands... :P

By the way, the ref (I think his name is Leon or something) that made that call at the buzzer...he did the same thing to our girls last year at district tournament and at South Greene during our regular season.

Someone said we will have different refs for the Regionals...lets all hope so! :P

I felt there was more than just that. When UC got an offensive foul on the rebound then the technical.

Also at the last minute when UC was bringing the ball down and SG was pressing doing everything short of an assault and then calling a foul on UC.

Another thing, it's the score tables responsibility to keep up with the fouls not the refs. They keep asking the table if it was one and one every time they called a foul on UC. If it's your job to make the call in an unbiased manner then you are not affected by the bonus factor nor should you be concerned when they get there.

All of you need to get a life. SG had three of there starters in foul trouble all night by bogus calling. Caraway, Sauceman, and Laws were all in foul trouble all night. Caraway, one of the great point guards around, was called for his third foul mid way through the second quarter. Quit crying! As for the technical fouls, I sat behind the SG bench and the UCHS players ran that mouth all night and half of them walked off of the court without shaking hands after the game. As for the technical foul on the coach, it was a no brainer. He slammed his board on the floor and his marker went onto the court right in front of a ref. Well deserved!!!!! As for the last call, as long as there is time on the clock, the game is still going. A foul is a foul. The kid clearly had his legs taken out from under him as he shot. I just wished more refs would make the same call. A foul is a foul no matter when it happens! Furthermore, Sauceman made three free throws to win the game with no time left. What pressure? Quit whinning about the calling, especially you PF fans. You would question a foul if there was blood if it went against you, but just as soon as somebody gets touched, your whinning that it didn't get called.

Just to set you straight South Greene fan or hoosier or whatever handle it is you go by i watched the game film on that play alone at the end of the game about thirty times and no union co player took anyones legs out from under him. futher more it is obvious anytime we have played any greene co team this year that we were playing more than 5 players. You won the game big deal, in my heart i know who won the game.

Yeah, but Rutledge also got a few favorable calls on threes. I'll admit I thought one or two were on the line...the offensive putback by Hudson at the start of the game called offensive goaltending was HORRIBLE though.

Still, really cold shooting doomed Rutledge and PF did a good job in their combo defense on Singleton and Day.

As for the UC-SG game...what can I say...it's classic Leonard Price...he likes to do that if he has a chance.

Here's what should've happened...Bennett should've let Sauceman throw it up and get away...it's a bad job of coaching not telling the kids not to foul. He wasn't going to be able to get a good look because he had a little trouble getting up the floor after the free throw miss. If there are no red shirts near Sauceman and he hits a three, which is the only way they could win other than what happened, then there is no opportunity for a ref that likes to make idiotic calls like that to zap someone.

Anyway, I'm about all for a change of associations...or removing some of the dead weight officials. Only problem is that 75% of them are dead weight and all of us that know how to do it better won't do it.

It is a thankless job, but if you're a ref you could at least give yourself a chance by making the correct call and not needing to feed your ego by deciding a game.

Problem with that is most refs won't admit it when they blow one, or do admit it to rub it in...

Edited by KevB1990

In the 2nd Clinton AC game right at the end of regulation Clinton was up by 1 and AC's Andrew Channiot had the ball behind the 3 point line and Johnathan Dye of Clinton was guarding him tight and time was running out so Channiot decides to push Dye off so maybe he can get a shot off and they call a foul on Dye. Channiot hits 1 of 2 and sends it to OT.Where Clinton fell apart with technicals. And the Clinton, Cumberland Co. game the whole game was HORRIBLE, officiating.

Just to set you straight South Greene fan or hoosier or whatever handle it is you go by i watched the game film on that play alone at the end of the game about thirty times and no union co player took anyones legs out from under him. futher more it is obvious anytime we have played any greene co team this year that we were playing more than 5 players. You won the game big deal, in my heart i know who won the game.

I guess you had bad officiating when you beat WG 102 to 40 as well huh? Sounds like poetic justice to me!!!