Shelbyville vs. White Co.

flemtone

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There you go again 85, talking about something you know nothing about. You are getting pretty good at that. Like how White County was going to beat Shelbyville. Right on that and this. :lol:

I know more than you think I know. I can't remember a single Shelbyville team since the mid 80's winning a championship without some out of towners{you don't either}. Once again I NEVER said White County would beat Shelbyville. ;) I still will say they won't win them all by 20+. :lol:

Guys, give it up. They are never going to answer the question not becasue they wnat to keep us all guessing but becasue they can't answer and prove they could win with all local girls. You know if they could they would just so they would be right. Yes lots of college coaches do go there to watch. If I were a college coach I would go there to because they always have some of the top players. But there are other places across the country and even in the state of Tennesse who have good players too. No, they will never be found of any wrongdoing. As long as the coach himself is not going out and getting the players, there is not anything that can be done. This is a moot point. The arguing about that will go on as long as players continue to move there. They will never admit they do anything like that. Just like the others of us will never believe there is not something going on. Oh yeah, other teams also have kids who excel in the classroom and in their communities. Just as those teams and other teams have kids who sometimes don't always do the right thing. Shelbyville does not have the market cornered on good kids and in the end that is what matters the most. Making good citizens out of the teenagers. Teenegers who will one day be the adults in their respective communities whether it be their hometowns or not. However, I would still love to know which team it is that had all Shelbyville players (at least six years in the program).

You wanted it now get it 1964,1974, 1986,1992,1995 State Champions.

Runner-up also Insell Era also1984, 1985, 1994, and State Final Four 1987.

Eitheir way my comrades we will win it and the proof is in the puddin so SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND KNOW YOUR ROLE BECAUSE YOU ARE ALWAYS GOING TO BE IN OUR SHAWDOWS. WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK WE WILL STILL PUT THE GOLD BALL IN OUR TROPHY CASE EVERY CHANCE WE GET AND ALL IT SAYS ON IT IS AAA STATE CHAMPIONS AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS. ;)

When year in and year out Shelbyville brings in "recruits" from other cities, and when year in and year out Rick Insell runs up the score on opponents, it is hard to be "classy" and congratulate such an obvious violation of rules. TSSAA turns it heads because Shelbyville brings the State of TN recogniton natonally. Someday, and it may be when Insell is gone, someone is going to keep their starters in the game to the end, run up the score, embarass Shelbyville, and then the Eaglette fans will whine whine whine about how other teams treat them. Shelbyville fans, honestly, go look in the mirror and say three times with a straight face "We do not recurit to Shelbyville!" If you do not smile, go to church Sunday.

By the way, how is recruiting for next year?

When year in and year out Shelbyville brings in "recruits" from other cities, and when year in and year out Rick Insell runs up the score on opponents, it is hard to be "classy" and congratulate such an obvious violation of rules. TSSAA turns it heads because Shelbyville brings the State of TN recogniton natonally. Someday, and it may be when Insell is gone, someone is going to keep their starters in the game to the end, run up the score, embarass Shelbyville, and then the Eaglette fans will whine whine whine about how other teams treat them. Shelbyville fans, honestly, go look in the mirror and say three times with a straight face "We do not recurit to Shelbyville!" If you do not smile, go to church Sunday.

By the way, how is recruiting for next year?

How old is Insell anyway? Anyone?

You wanted it now get it 1964,1974, 1986,1992,1995 State Champions.

Runner-up also Insell Era also1984, 1985, 1994, and State Final Four 1987.

Showtime, I'm not completely sure, but I have a friend who graduated from Shelbyville in '88, and he told me that Angela Moorehead grew up in Fayetteville. Is that right or wrong? If so, that would negate the '86 championship. Also, didn't Chrissy Davenport play on that '95 team? I think so, and I believe I remember her playing for Kittrell in 7th and 8th grade. She would have gone to Oakland for high school had she not suddenly liked the smell of horse manure. You had to know that you would be called on this, right? There will always be an * by many of the state titles that Shelbyville has won. That won't take those banners down from the Eagles nest, I know, but I can't accept the legitimacy of those titles. I believe there are many who share my sentiments.

The Shelbyville machine definitely benefits everyone in the program and town, but it hurts the teams that must overcome the disadvantatges that they face in defeating them. True, life is unjust most of the time, but I'm glad there have been many throughout the years in our country who said "Even though this is legal, it doesn't make it morally right." I know that I'm maybe stretching the analogy, but there comes a point in time when more strict rules are put in place to level the playing field. Maybe, like, if there are a certain number of transfers that a school receives, they can still play a regular schedule, but they are ineligible for post season tournaments. There would have to be some tweaking but I could see that happening. Who would have thought there would be a 1.8x rule for private schools a few years ago? But I think that's fair. It can happen. I know Oak Hill Academy in Virginia is basically a pre-college basketball academy. They compete for no state titles or anything like that, I believe, but they are a gold mine for recruits and not competing for any titles do not hurt their recruits. What do y'all think?

Edited by ccalum