Region One first round action......

coaches_corner

Elizabethton beat West Greene 50-37 and Pigeon Forge beat Sullivan Central 75-54 setting up a good semifinal match between the Cyclones and TIgers wednesday. South Greene beat Happy Valley by eight, and Unicoi finished strong to beat Chucky Doak 59-40. Weaver played well and had two big threes in the fourth quarter as Unicoi pulled away. Unicoi vs South Greene should be a war in the second semifinal. Edited by coaches_corner

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to say Sullivan Central can shoot their free-throws! I bet they were 90% or better from the line. I'd say over half their points came from free-throws as well. It was a close game at first, they sure didn't hand it over to us.

What happened in that Elizabethton/West Greene game? Elizabethton led by a long shot that entire game didn't they?

And how about the South Greene/Happy Valley game? South Greene only won by 8 points?

Makes a big difference without the Greene County Refs, huh! :D

That surprises me about the 43 free throws. I don't know about the refs for that game, but one of the refs from the first two games works the District 4 games. I did notice some of the S.G. fans making a point to talk to the Refs... :)

I still believe if S.G. had the Morristown Assoc. Refs...the score and amount of fouls would have been more favorable to S.G. I congratulate H.V. for a close game. Ricker might not have come off the bench, but sounds like you made his girls work for their win.

Any predictions about Elizabethton/Pigeon Forge? Should be interesting...I will go with Cyclones by9...

I don't know, Betsy...

Elizabethton looked real good against W. Greene, but they also looked like the same team we played in an AAU tournament last year at Elizabethton. And Pigeon Forge rolled on them. You never can tell with these two teams...just depends on how bad they want it.

I'm going to go with Pigeon Forge by 15, but the big lead will come in the 2nd half. :)

Lady Tigers Mom,

I will agree with you that they should beat E-Town, but I have only seen Pigeon Forge play three times this year the first round of the district and finals game and last night. To beat E-Town you will not be able to rely on your guards as much as they shot last night. E-Town will take that away. You have a good post game with your girls inside but they don't see the ball much, but when they do it seems like they finish or get fouled or set one of your shooters up with a great pass. Good luck to the lady tigers I saw last night where your program is new and you have a very young team. And if you get South Greene again beat Ricker!!!!

ladytigersmom...

everytime you're on here you complain about referees. during the South Greene Happy Valley game, both teams played hard but Happy Valley earned their fouls. towards the end of the game South Greene was up by 15 and the refs did everything in the world to get Happy Valley back in the game. it was the worst officiated game i've ever witnessed.....but South Greene still found a way to win....that's what the good teams do.....just sounds like sour grapes to me....just cause South Greene has beat you 3 times in a row without even playing good....in fact those are the worst games i've seen South Greene play.....you should change your username to #1 whiner.

Uknow,

If you've seen us play 3 times, you know we never play the same. :) It really depends on the team we are playing. We can go up against a strong team like South Greene and take them into 2 overtimes or lose at the buzzer by 2 points. Or, we can go against a weaker team and come down to their level of play. We never really know which team we're going to see play. Hopefully, from this point on...it will be the winning team.

Our guards did take control in last nights game, but our 2nd string Post was the 2nd highest scorer in that game with 18 points. Our defense is strong and can create many turnovers. Our guards can shoot or pass the ball. Our post players can score on the inside, so all in all, if we play our game, we should do well. We have to make our shots and not turn the ball over as much as we did last night. Sullivan was ready for our inside game as they covered our post very well. I expect nothing less from Elizabethton. They have a good defense too.

By the way, are you from District 1? I'm curious...does Sullivan always make their free-throws like they did last night? I was very impressed.

And don't worry about Ricker...our girls are young and next year will be ours.