Region One first round action......

coaches_corner

I think we can keep the name calling out of a post hoosiers20. If you can't get your point across without name calling then just don't respond. This way coachT does not have a reason to lock the thread.

Cyclone Jane you 100% correct, we need to focus on our next game.

Good luck to the Lady Tigers! ;)

Good luck to Unicoi! ;)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

personally...i think this whole deal of arguing is the most rediculous thing i have seen in a while. yea i want sg to go all the way...but hey, doesnt everyone want their team to make it the whole way? and i dont get why everyone thinks the refs are on coach rickers side...my gosh..i dont know of a single ref in east tennessee that can tolerate him...so why would they be on his side???? he is a good coach...a little rough some times..but a all out good coach..he knows what he is doing...and yea...the rebels do have to make it past unicoi first...and unicoi is a tough and talented team..but then..Pigeon Forge has to win too..so dont count your chickens before they hatch!

South Greene shot 43 free throws to Happy Valley's 9. As is stated in the Elizabethton Star. South Greene won due to a charity case by the refs. Addtionally, four of Happy Velley's starters fouled out of the game.

Not taking away from South Greene, but this game was absolutely the worst officiated game that I have seen in a long while. Both teams played hard nose defense, but all the calls went to South Greene. South Greene was in the double bonus at the beginning of the second quarter and went on to shoot 23 free throws in the first half to only 2 free throws for Happy Valley in the first half. The second half was much of the same story. South Greene shot 20 free throws to 7 free throws for Happy Valley and most of those free throws for HV finally came in the final three minutes of the game. It is sad to see the officials have such an impact on the outcome of the game. The Happy Valley girls really showed a lot of courage and intensity throughout the game and were led by an awesome effort by Kourtney Goulds who had 19 pts and played a career game on offense and defense. Happy Valley outscored South Greene in the second half, but could not overcome the first half deficit and free throw discrepancies. The HV seniors; Byrd, Goulds, Whaley; will be greatly missed, but the Lady Warriors show promise next year with the return of three starters, Powell, Dugger, and Williams. Good luck to Unicoi and Elizabethton. Take the region home again to District 1.

were you honestly at the game....i mean seriously!

in the last quarter, not one call went towards South Greene. Happy Valley earned their fouls...South Greene got the bitter end of the refs hatred towards coach ricker...and yes they do have to get past unicoi....good luck to both teams...

LTM:

is it not possible for me to have nieces and a daughter? what exactly was that question supposed to mean.....?? In fact i have a daughter and a son...... does that help

Seriously, I think I should ask you if you were there? First half free throw attempts SG=23 to HV=2 Second half free throw attempts SG=20 to HV=7 and you think that South Greene got the shaft in the second half? Total free throws for the game: SG=43 to HV=9. I wish that Happy Valley would have gotten that kind of shaft you are talking about.

oh bye the way garrison...in other words, why dont you just say good luck to everyone but South Greene!

you're definitely some realation to breanna garrison.... that's why you're biased.

But i like her anyway.....

It is no surprise I am for Pigeon Forge. Yes Brianna is my daughter.

If you look at all my past post I wrote, then you will find that I do have a problem with officials. I also state in my post that if we make our free throw or play better we would win.

I also know that not just Pigeon Forge fans have a problem with the association we are in. When we play Cumberland Gap, Union County, Rutledge, Gatlinburg Pittman, Claiborne County we take our lumps and keep on playing, but just ask any team I have just named and they will and have said the same thing about the officials.

You can't take the end game foul totals and justify the calls. You have to look at the game progression fouls and time lines when they where called to make better ruling because they can call closer at the end to even up the fouls.

Do they like Coach Ricker? I don't know

Do they like South Greene girls Yes. I think lot of girls on our team does as well.

If you take our last game with South Greene they were 23 for 29 from the line

Pigeon Forge was 10 for 14. That’s a big deal when you win by 4 points.

Pigeon Forge is an aggressive team on the floor but so is South Greene

It's also funny that SG pressed the whole game and played man to man defense while Pigeon Forge sat back in a zone. Yes, most of the time you can blame PFs fouling on their pressing the whole game but in this game they did not. And as for using language, ask #21 (Brittany I think)...and #22 (Megan I think) what they shot out of their mouths during the game. Both used the B word at least twice and Brittany even threw a "shut the F up" so please dont say anything about cursing when your niece is also doing it as well. I will say this though, both girls were apologized to after the game as did they and everything is fine now. PFs girls really like the South Greene girls. It's just some of their fans who are rude. One of the elderly men who always sits on the front row pointed and laughed at Kendra when she tried to take a charge and called her a B at South Greene. Now thats just rude. And as for us cheering for our district...I was there cheering FOR South Greene last night and the rest of the District 2 teams and I'm sure if you were there you saw me.

So, with that said. Let's go play hard and play our games and do our best to make it past Elizabethton and Unicoi into the Region championship. Wouldnt it be nice to have two teams from our district represented in the sub-state.

GO LADY TIGERS & REBELS!

LTM:

is it not possible for me to have nieces and a daughter? what exactly was that question supposed to mean.....?? In fact i have a daughter and a son...... does that help

Maybe this quote from an earlier post could be what ldytigersmom is talking about?:

District 2AA (Pages 1 2 )

authority11 Posted on: Feb 25 2004 - 09:45 PM

Replies: 28

Views: 634 if there is any confusion on my identity.....i'll set it straight. i am the uncle of the twins from South Greene.i live in virginia because i'm a marine. i simply get on here and ask questions about them to see what's up with them since i can't talk to them regularly. you guys provided me with the information that i needed. thanks. and it just so happens that those are my initials.........lol

I believe this is going to be an awesome game...both semifinal matches will be actually. The turn out should be interesting. Whoever brings their minds and their A game will take home a victory.

Couldn't have said it better, Betsy.

Authority11...so do you have a daughter on the team? You've stated that Brittany & Brooke are your nieces. You also said you live in Virginia. Maybe you're just visiting for the week? In a previous post, someone questioned whether "bsw" was one of the twins, you replied (with the new username "Authority11" and said you were their uncle from VA.) I only meant to ask if you were also using the screen name "bsw" as you had implied. If you are related to the twins, then you have a good reason to be proud. They are excellent players. I am assuming sg30 is South Greene's post player #30, Tweed, who happens to be a great player as well.

I can name many awesome players from our District & Region. However, according to the other Districts & Regions, we are said to have "weak" competition. I disagree. I think we have one of the toughest regions in TN. I would love to see 2 of our teams represent 1 & 2 in the State.

Good Luck to ALL the teams, including South Greene. :huh:

And especially to the Lady Tigers! B)

ladytigersmom and jgarrison,

i think you both have good reason to be proud parents of your daughters, because they play on a very talented team. i definitely know for sure that breanna is talented, but i don't know who ladytigersmom's daughter is; however, i'm sure she's excellent........ yes, the twins are my nieces, but i don't have a daughter on the team....just a younger daughter, who of which i brought to the game with me. i wish you the best of luck against Elizabethton...and hopefully we'll beat unicoi....how great would it be if the district 2 dominated... hope to see you at the game tomorrow......and best of luck, i'll be pulling for PF, cause i know my nieces really like all the girls on the team, and i'm impressed with their style of play........ GO DISTRICT II AA!!!