Tennessean - Wrong information

ShutupandPlay

This just reiterates so many claims that the Tennessean does a poor job covering high school sports. ;)

The article from the CoachT home page about Shelbyville's Fuller and Newman has some wrong info. No big deal, but this isn't the first time that two players from a D1 school have been chosen as Miss Basketball finalists.

In 1996, Livingston Academy's Tiffany Krantz and Sunday Watson were both selected as finalists. Watson won.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. ;)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in 1995, Bradley Central had two finalists: Amy Geren, Paige Redman

Consellow sparrow won though..along with the state championship.

I remember those girls. Man Redman could shoot.

Honestly, how much research would it have taken sportswriters for the Tennessean to look this up, instead of just assuming that Shelbyville did it first?!

Honestly, how much research would it have taken sportswriters for the Tennessean to look this up, instead of just assuming that Shelbyville did it first?!

Geren had better range than Redman. She has the longest range I HAVE EVER seen{boy or girl}.

Geren had better range than Redman. She has the longest range I HAVE EVER seen{boy or girl}.

In the state semi-finals, she shot the ball from half-court and hit nothing but net. I watch the video over and over. It's incredible! When you watch the shot on the T.V. screen, you see the ball on the left corner...then it falls through the net. She was an amazing player. Only girl to beat me one on one!

Edited by HUCK