Region at South Doyle

shooter5

Congrats to Coach Lockard on his first ever region win. Sounds like William Blount gave them a great game. You never know when it's tourney time as Bearden and AC found out last night. It's amazing that Eakins didn't even play, and they were still able to hang with the Dragons. Showdown with Maryville should be an awesome game with some great players going head to head. Great to hear that AJ Freeman is stepping up when it counts. Will Dandrus be able to play against the Rebs........

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinton playes the number FOUR team from the other district, William Blount ... and Blount's best player doesn't even play, and they're complaining about the refereeing? That's rich.

The Dragons have a 6'9", a 6'9", a 6' 5" and they can't exploit the Gov's inside (WB didn't have a player over 6'4" and most of their guys are lucky to be 6'0") and they wan't to argue about their big men getting fouled?

Clinton played the most undisciplined, lackadaisical, uninspired, poorest game plan game for a number one seed in a region tournament that I've probably ever witnessed.

Blount was outmatched in every catagory but one ... HEART. If the Gov's could have hit their foul shots, they must have missed 10 or more in second half ... or gotten one shot to fall close to the end, they would have advanced. And did I mention ... Aaron Eakins, Blount's long-range bomber DID NOT play because of a back injury. I was extremely proud of William Blount and extremely surprised at how poorly Clinton played after all I'd heard on here about them.

If they come out next game and play the same against Maryville, Maryville will have their subs in by early in the third quarter. It won't even be close.

Clinton was just as lucky as Maryville (in a different way).

GovMan, quit your whining. The bottom line is Clinton won. William Blount lost. Quit your crying.

Real Winners Make a way against all odds.

And you can't say anything about Eakins not playing -- the refs MORE than compensated for his absence.

The BOTTOM LINE is Willy B is DONE and Clinton moves on to face Maryville

GovMan, I mandate that you not post on here until next year

The reign of GovMan is OVER!

peace

Congrats to Coach Lockard on his first ever region win. Sounds like William Blount gave them a great game. You never know when it's tourney time as Bearden and AC found out last night. It's amazing that Eakins didn't even play, and they were still able to hang with the Dragons. Showdown with Maryville should be an awesome game with some great players going head to head. Great to hear that AJ Freeman is stepping up when it counts. Will Dandrus be able to play against the Rebs........

D-Whitt will not be able to play. He was running the fast break when Glasgow and some other Karns player fouled him and sent him flying to the floor. What seemed like a twisted knee at the time, turned into something major. A player on the team said he tore his ACL, and LCL (??)...it sounded like he said LCL, I don't know much about knee ligaments but I've never heard that term before. What's amazing is he played the rest of the game after sitting out for about 3 minutes. While it is a big loss of a great slasher/ 3-point shooter, the Dragons are 3-0 while playing without him, so it can be done. Good luck to the Dragons on Thursday.

Clinton was just as lucky as Maryville (in a different way).

GovMan, quit your whining. The bottom line is Clinton won. William Blount lost. Quit your crying.

Real Winners Make a way against all odds.

And you can't say anything about Eakins not playing -- the refs MORE than compensated for his absence.

The BOTTOM LINE is Willy B is DONE and Clinton moves on to face Maryville

GovMan, I mandate that you not post on here until next year

The reign of GovMan is OVER!

peace

GovMan,

It is quite an accomplishment when you get the little wantabes naming themselves after you. I'm so envious......you're so vain!

Edited by Rebelsman

How about the little kids from Halls? Webster has done a great job getting the kids to hang in there through a tough season. And without 2 starters who transfered to fulton and central(powell or some new school ). I guess that blevin's will be taking up his stuff today.

A message to GovManHater ...

I know who you are. It's scary to think you have an influence over young people. There is good natured ribbing and poking fun ... then there is you. Act like an adult ... at least every now and then.

For Clinton to win in the fashion they did yesterday, against an outmatched, undermanned #4 seed ... then have to blame referees for the game being close is ridiculous. They better get it together before Maryville or it will be ugly.

And BTW, Hater ... at least Blount was there. I noticed several Cherokees in their street clothes enjoying the games in their home gym.

Who am I old wise one? To act like an adult don't you have to be an adult. Honestly, I don't quite think I qualify as an adult yet. But whatever.

And why did you post again? You broke my rule.

But in all seriousness, other than you being loud and unruly during the game, and despite my blind disdain for WB, I honestly thought the Governors played their hearts out against a much better team. I don't know what the deal was with Viehbert and some of those guys. They should have won by 50. But hey, they won by 3. A Win is a Win and Clinton moves on!!

And it's tournament time, upset time. Halls knocked off Bearden. That was a much bigger upset and still would have been a bigger upset even if WB had beaten Clinton.

Bearden, big bad district champs (wink, wink to the referees and Blevins) was dispatched by a 10-18 Halls team. Once you get to region there are no favorites. The playing field is leveled, intensity picks up. Evidence is last night. All 4 games were decided by 3 or less points. Anyway GovMan, go home and get the tears out of your eyes and look forward to next year.

But again, who am I? I want to know...

people want to make a big deal about Eakins not playing( wish the kid a speedy recovery), but let's look at the facts.

Eakins (approximately 20 ppg) and Dandrus Whitt (approximately20 ppg) ---- looks like a pretty even match to me

People continue to look at point differential in ballgames (crazy)

Edited by marcvols

people want to make a big deal about Eakins not playing( wish the kid a speedy recovery), but let's look at the facts.

Eakins (approximately 20 ppg) and Dandrus Whitt (approximately20 ppg) ---- looks like a pretty even match to me

People continue to look at point differential in ballgames (crazy)

excellent observation, but people like GovMan and other WB fans cannot comprehend that kind of stuff so try not to go over their head...hah

Congrats to the Red Devils. I don't have any problem eatting a little crow. Last week when Halls beat Powell I thought they were ready to turn the corner and I picked them to be competitive with Clinton and maybe even pull off an upset. Then they just layed down against Clinton and O.R. Well you have to give it to them they were able to regroup and beat a very well coached Bearden team. The Jones kid had a great game and you have to give credit to the coaches for getting him shots. Now lets see if they can compete on a consistent basis. They have a chance to advance to the Sub-state. The have a legitamate chance of beating Farragut. I just hope they don't lay down like they did vs. Clinton. They certainly didn't last night.

Clinton you got a terrible break when Maryville beat O.R. You also have 20 points sitting on the bench. Winning this game will be very difficult for the Dragons. Maryville has all of their weapons and can match up with Clinton. Befor the tournament started I picked Clinton to advance to the finals but that was before an injuried player and a lose by O.R. took place. Look for Maryville to win another close one. The good news for Clinton is I only got 1 out of 3 right last night.

Some observations:

1. MarcVols ... good point. I didn't realize that Clinton was missing one of their big guns. That probably evens out somewhat, except for the fact that Clinton supposedly has several more big guns. I'll still say this ... if that was everything Clinton had to offer on Tuesday afternoon, they're in serious trouble tomorrow.

2. Me and the Rebelsman indeed do hang together on occasion. As a matter of fact, I sat right behind him and chatted during the WB vs Clinton game yesterday. That was the game before his son was the HERO of the OR vs Maryville game. That would be the same son that will tear Clinton up tomorrow.

3. GovManHater ... that's a great name. And a great ploy to act like you're a kid. Coach T or anyone else reading, this is the same guy that you've thrown off here two or three times under different names. Isn't there anything you can do ??

Keep it up GMH, and I WILL embarrass you and people connected to you.