Walker Valley

atn301

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most players of wv had not heard of these rumors so I am not sure that affected their play last night or in the district finals against McMinn Central. If they do turn out to be true, then I will be disappointed in Coach Moore and the things that he has done for this program. I have missed only a handful of games since the beginning of wv and saw how the team operated under both coaches. I had the greatest respect for Coach Lewis and the genuine love he had for the kids and it was all about the kids with him, but that doesn't necessarily equate to a winning program. Let's face it-on the High school level and especially in our fair town it is about wins and losses and Coach Lewis's teams were viewed as underachievers so the change was made. Politics played a huge part in hiring the head coach and the assistant both the first time and the last. This should come as no suprise to anyone who has been connected to or followed sports in Bradley County. I feel that Coach Moore has done a fine job with his players and maybe had he had these boys for more than one year, all the kinks, misqueswould have improved and team chemistry would have been better. I personally hate it for the kids who were seniors, worked so hard all year at practice, sacrificed their bodies, their positions and their egos to become a winning team which they most definetly were. These kids were undersized (no starter over 6"2), were bad-mouthed by other teams' players and fans, and NEVER earned any respect for how well they competed. I applaud their season, Coaches Moore, Shepherd, and Smith and especially the kids. Good luck to all the local teams that remain alive in their respective regions and hopefully when you win or lose you can do it with the same dignity that I have seen ffrom the WV Mustangs this season.

It wasn't an upset. Arts and Sciences has a ton of talent, they were inconsistent this year but you can probably blame that on their overall youth. They beat Bledsoe by 30 or 40 a night or two after Howard beat Bledsoe by just 1 point. I don't care too much for their coach, to be honest, but if not this year they should be a contender to make the state tournament in the next couple of seasons.

What I want to know is why is it that people can come on here and bash WV's program and bash their coach for possibly going somewhere else and this thread stays open? Now let a thread be started about Harlow and his coaching or rumors of him leaving and the thread is locked or deleted before it ever gets good and started. Obviously we have some favortism when it comes to those who have the duties of a moderator.

** How about you let Coach Lewis rest in peace and let's not talk about whether he could have taken the boys this far or not.

The change of Lewis losing his position was not due to the team looking like underacheivers , the change was made due to politics and ALOT of A**kissing that Coach Lewis refused to do. He had too much pride in himself and as a coach to kiss anyone's rear to keep his position.

If you have brown-nosed all of your life to get to the top, you were never qualified nor deserving of what you have anyways.

Indian did use the word bash but there was no coach bashing on the tread. The only person who is bashing anyone on here is the person giving their opinion that a coach got a job in an underhanded way, ie brown-nosing or kissing up.....that is grounds for closing a thread but this thread is not out-of-hand....yet.....

Indian did use the word bash but there was no coach bashing on the tread.

The only person who is bashing anyone on here is the person giving their opinion that a coach got a job in an underhanded way, ie brown-nosing or kissing up.....that is grounds for closing a thread but this thread is not out-of-hand....yet.....

Did I quote Indian on his post???? NO .....I am talking in general it has happened several times already on this board that people are talking about WV and the coach and the thread stays open...What I was referring to was ANYTIME there is a thread about bradley or their coach leaving the thread is immediately locked or deleted. Why ???? That is all I want to know......

If you will go back and read my post I NEVER implied Moore got his job from brown nosing or kissing up. What I said was that Lewis would not and had too much pride in himself and as a coach to do it himself.

I think Moore is a good coach and a nice man. He has been a good coach to the boys this season, and I know they would be upset if he left, but he has to do what is right for his family so be it he goes to Seymour or across town I don't care I hope he is happy where ever he goes. B)

So before you start accusing make sure you have thoroughly read and understand the post before you begin typing. :lol: