walker valley

mens mustangs 1

we need a boys coach ours stink,we won the district with ease,lost the the tournament because he sits out some of the starters in the second half,and then he sits out our two most talented players Midway threw the first quarter intill half time and to add to that he brings the jv team in,during the third quarter,fire his butt,there are rumors he is going to knoxville next year I hope he does,all this team needed was a decent coach this year and we would of went to the state.we have beaten teams ,that have beat the team that killed us last night,well Sweetwater would of beat us last night,it wasn't fair to our kids,it is like he was trying to loose,we have 5 kids that shoot the ball so well and we are going to lose two of them,this should of been our year.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You had a good coach. And a great man in David Lewis. He was run off in order to be replaced by the current coach. You took a step back in both areas. Everyone envolved should be ashamed. The rumor that he is going to Knoxville is just a ploy. The real rumor is he wants another basketball job in the county. The real tragedy would be if he succeeds in yet another coup.

Edited by keyplayer

This is a sad ending to WV season. I do not understand what went so wrong in this last game. I've seen them play four times this season and there is no way arts-science beats them this bad!!! Basketball can be a funny game some times but these last two games they have played makes me think coach Moores kids stoped playing for him.

Edited by MAD SCIENCE

I hope Bob Taylor is satisfied now. Coach Lewis wanted one more year. You tell me Coach Lewis couldn't have accomplished more. Now Moore is going to take a job either at Seymour High School with his son so he can coach his daughter or he would like to hord in on the girls program at Bradley. Everywhere this idiot has been he has been ran off. He does let Bob beat him in tennis though.

this game is over! love nuttin

He has formerly been at Rhea County, Maryville, Tellico and now WVHS. I hear he is going to Knoxville but then I hear he wants to take the Bradley Coaches job, who also has not left. I thought he was doing a good job at Walker Valley but then became a source of controversey. It is a shame what happened to the WVHS coach last year just to hire him and then if he up and leaves WVHS. But if he has a better job offer in Knoxville he should go but if that is a cover-up or scheme to get the county to hire him at Bradley. Surely if Bradley's coach leaves they would not hire a coach from the other high school. I mean why would you rob Peter to pay Paul? You don't take a head coach from one school in the same county to put him at another school in the county? I mean how much sense would that make? Plus I don't see Moore wanting to coach girls instead of boys.

By the way what happened last night? Arts and Sciences beat them that bad.

Edited by granny6

Well it is official, now that the season is over let the complaining begin. I believe coach and players should be blamed for the late season falter. First off, a coach cannot continually act in a classless way and let his players act that way and expect to win. You can't turn greatness on and off. You have to hold yourself to high standards all the time. Walker Valley has a very talented basketball team. They shoot the ball as well as anyone, defend well, and rebound. They just have no discipline. Silly technicals, silly fouls, and other mistakes finally caught up with them. In the regular season they were able to get away with that stuff. Unfortunately the officiating, as well as the play, steps up in the postseason. Walker Valley has some soul searching to do. They probably have some coach searching to do as well if the rumors are true. I will say this: During the game against CSAS Coach Moore looked to thinking about anything besides the game he was in. I do hope they get things straightened out. It makes for good rivalries.

First of all, Coach Lewis was a great man. He did things for this county that will always be remembered.

Secondly, don't believe everything you hear about rumors. Why would he leave? Why would he go to Bradley and get more stuff started?

Let's all think before we start talking from now on ok? And make sure we know what we're talking about please!

First things First. Walker Valley needs alot of things. Class for one. I do not know if anyone has heard, but your Beloved Coach Moore was heard saying the F word to a McMinn Central Student after the Championship Last friday night. Also, Trevor Howarter threw a cheap elbow to Beau Brown, and Corey Boatman bumped into Beau and Ryan Armstrong purposely after the All-District Team was named. Secondly, I wish the Walker Valley fans would accept defeat. Several were at tonights game jeering our players during and after the game. They lost, accept it, and show some sportsmanship.

First things First. Walker Valley needs alot of things. Class for one. I do not know if anyone has heard, but your Beloved Coach Moore was heard saying the F word to a McMinn Central Student after the Championship Last friday night. Also, Trevor Howarter threw a cheap elbow to Beau Brown, and Corey Boatman bumped into Beau and Ryan Armstrong purposely after the All-District Team was named. Secondly, I wish the Walker Valley fans would accept defeat. Several were at tonights game jeering our players during and after the game. They lost, accept it, and show some sportsmanship.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!