Oliver Springs to 2-AA final, defeats Alcoa 70-45

iamoz

Oliver Springs over Alcoa, 70-45

Scoring: Hall 38, Goins 8, Smith 8, Hackworth 6, Monk 4, B. Lankford 4, D. Morgan 2

Hall had 28 points in the first half.

Oliver Springs faces Seymour for the Region 2-AA Championship Thursday night at 6:30pm eastern.

Seymour led Kingston by seven at halftime of its semifinal game (22-15) before winning by a 56-36 final score.

Seymour beat OS last year in the region semis to end their season.

Oliver Springs beat Seymour the year before in the region semis to end their season.

At least this year, no one will have their season come to an end in this game.

As far as having the advnatage at guard or post, Normally I'd rather have the guard, but when the post towers over every one like Johnson does then it becomes so easy for her to score. I just don't know if OS has the size to match up.

You must get the post in foul trouble. Sitzlar gave Johnson all she wanted tonight early. In the 2nd 1/2 coach sent Sitzlar right back @ her. Johnson had 2 fouls in the 1st 2 minutes of the game @ OS this year and then was never called for another one? May the team that plays the best win.

Personally I would prefer the leader at the guard, particularly the point. A solid point guard is like a coach on floor. Laura Hall outscored Alcoa in the first half: 28-26. I think Jennifer Smith hit two big threes from the corner. Does anyone else think that the student section got to Alcoa? It seemed to me that some of their players played more attention to us at times then the game. And I won't mention them flipping us off.... :D

Should be a great game. Laura does what she needs to for her team and Brooke does what she needs to for hers. I am just glad it is not an elimination game again. They both deserve to make it to state. They have played 4 times in the last four years and Seymour has won 3 of 4. The one they lost was a double overtime game that OS lead by 17 at the half. Two of their wins were at OS. Both teams will be ready to play tonight. Should be one of the best games of the season. Good Luck to all. About Alcoa, they had no defense last night and it doesn't surprise me about somebody flipping the student section off, that is not the first time that has happened. Alcoa has some talent but no heart.