schsbbfreak...

I'm not crying HUCK. Just stating facts.

What part of my statement DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND

Shelbyville IS toooooooooo GOOD for us average mortal humans and they should go NATIONAL and just play the super power teams around the country.

AND just to let you know Mt. Juliet has won TWO STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS in the past.

Maybe we'll win another one in the future. I hope so but nobody knows for sure.

At least I do know one thing. The girls that come through this program are home grown and start playing at a young age and their dream is to some day play for the Lady Bears.

Hope you enjoy scouting at Murphy Center tonite. Don't know who your team is but if your playing Shelbyville I'd suggest stay home. Why waste your time and money on going to scout them. They can't be beat. They're too good for anyone in this state.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another dumb thread by TWhoops.  He just can't get over the fact that East Tennessee is better in girls basketball than West Tennessee.

FLMS,

Im guessing your name stands for Fort Loudon Middle School. Being that I'm from Lenior City originally; I think I would know what basketball looks like over there as well as over here. You probably have never ventured outsied of East Tennessee. I would put a top 10 West Tennessee list against a top 10 East Tennessee list any day. List your top 10. Here is mine.

Craigmont AAA number 1 (the only team that has a chance against Shelbyville)

Jackson Northside

Gibson County AA number 1

Trenton Peabody A defending State Champion

Huntington A number 1

Ridgeway

Martin Westview

Chester County

Gleason

Dyersburg

I will agree that East Tennessee AAA is probably deeper because of the larger populated cites with more schools. As a matter of fact there are only 9 AAA teams outside of Memphis in all of West Tennessee.

By the way I didn't even start this thread.

If you are naming Shelbyville's five losses as a reason they can't be the best team in history, that shows your ignorance. They have two all Americans on the same team (both of which are Miss Basketball Finalists). The supporting cast will all play college basketball at some level. Just look at the scores of their tournament games so far (it has been ugly). As flemtone keeps saying here comes the train.

Edited by twhoops

While I am originally from Shelbyville and am rightly proud of Rick Insell's program over the decades, I currently live in Colorado Springs, CO; and I have lived in other parts of the country for 30+ years. Occasionally I get to come back to Shelbyville to watch the girls. [by the way, the gym - noted as one of USA Today's Top 10 gyms to watch high school basketball nationally - does hold 2,900 spectators, as it is the gym that girl's basketball built.] Many of the great teams in the past (with a few exceptions, very notably Abi Ramsey and Tiffany Woosley) are homegrown talent who blossom under the tutelage of two-time national Coach of the Year "The Little General." It is a source of pride to open up the pre-season national poll most years in USA Today around Thanksgiving and often see the team of Shelbyville (or occasionally Oak Ridge, Jackson County, Livingston Academy, Mt. Juliet or Sevier County) in the Top 25.

While the trash talk at your state level is understandable (fueled by pride for your local team) and usually entertaining to this viewer, I get to see things from a national perspective. All the posters need to be very proud of the many strong girl's programs throughout Tennessee. Losing to a team and then trashing them with exaggerated claims of "the best team that can be recruited" is unnecessary. The very successful programs in Tennessee or any state are going to draw players from other counties, but they also build up the inspiration of the lower-aged groups within the county to excel at the sport in future years, as their local high school powerhouse programs role-model for them. Every successful, stable, muti-year, well-coached program in Tennessee and most other states see the residuals from their success abound and multiply over the time. It's unfortunate Clark at Mt. J. got hurt; Sevier County and Oak Ridge (as usual) had great teams again this year. Jackson County and Livingston Academy continue their great traditions. It will be interesting to see if this year's successes with Harpeth Hall, Seymour, Powell and Heritage can intiate a future powerhouse tradition and inspire younger girls within their systems to improve and attract parents from other counties to want their daughters to play for those :lol: good coaches as well. I wish all the teams the best. It will only help programs like Shelbyville's and others to get better.

My money is on Shelbyville to dominate the state AAA tournament this year. They deserve it. I'll be disappointed if they are upset (and it will be considered an upset), and many non-Shelbyville fans will be happy. Rick Insell is a high school coaching genius, but that does not mean he is not out-coached on some occasions (every coach is). But that's what makes Tennessee girls basketball so great! And we have the #1 Tennessee Vols thanking you for your support and feeder system!

Let's have a great state tournament in all the divisions, and let's praise the champions (Shelbyville or not) - and not knock them for their great achievements. Their programs will be deserving of your praise - not your criticism.

I thought this thread was about Sevier Co. Take your Mt. Juliet-Shelbyville discussion elsewhere. There is no doubt that Shelbyville is the best girls program in this state, but this thread is about teaching these young punks in purpleville that they should be very careful posting when your team is average at best!!!

red81, is being on coacht part of the curriculum where you teach? Don't let a few young bucks taint your image of the purple haze-most of us "old heads" are pretty laid back and call a loss a loss and a win a win. By the way, good luck in your new adventure, it's a good fit.

Hey Huck, lighten up! Casey transferred to Mt. Juliet Middle in the 8th grade and it had nothing to do with basketball, let me repeat nothing. Please don't show ignorance and rebut this fact that is for parental reasons...let it alone. Clark's mother was transferred by her job...Cracker Barrell to the MJ store. But what really happened is that Coach Fryer conspired with the executives of the company to have her mom transferred here. LOL. As far as home-grown talent, the middle school went 23-2 for the TMSSA sectional title, the Freshman won the 9 AAA tournament invitational and the varsity went 30-4. Do you just hate consistency or did you get cut in junior high and feel the need to vent on CoachT? :D:D Flatjim, Clark and Christian Gibson play out of Hooptown for Tiffany Woosley's team. The other point guard, freshman Miaca Bowman also plays out of Hooptown for the 15's.

TWhoops,

You are from L.C. that must be your problem. Secondly, how do you know what East Tennessee basketball is all about this year since you don't live here anymore.

This is a very good year of east tennessee basketball. The strength of the state is middle followed closely by east with west a distant 3rd. Boys play is the total opposite but not girls. You must not have been to East Tennessee girls game in a while.