girls 11 under aau

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that tournament that they played in for the 12u and they played very well without her. The additions they have made are great. They looked like a totally different team. The games they played were close but one and I heard that they even one the last game that they played by about ten. When they get #3 back from her injury then they will be very tough to beat. I also have been reading some of the other post about the girl from memphis. I have not seen her yet but I would find it hard to believe that there is another player out there that is 11 that has the ability of #3 from the belles.

fragile21,

Seeing is believing, the young lady from Memphis is the 'real deal' I've seen both of the players and theres no comparison between the two. If I'm not mistaken the 11U Memphis team finished 3rd in the state last year. Try to get to the 12U State Championships and check out the West TN Lady Tigers, their coach likes to play a helter-skelter, run n' gun type game but she still manages to shine through.

Edited by Spree1024

Guest vapor rub

I did not see the finals what was the score between the waves and top guns?

I did see:

Tennessee Raiders vs Memphis Waves I think it was a 2 point game very good game.

Tennessee Top Guns Vs Tennessee Raiders 1 point game with Raiders on the line for three shots to tie with .1 on the clock(hit two)

I saw the second half of the Waves and the Top Guns on Saturday (6-8 point) game or less

These three teams looked pretty solid. A shot either way and the outcome could have been differant in all three games.

I don't know who else is out there except KGC OF Knoxville they are still the favorite but don't count out the three teams mentioned above.

Anyone else know of 11 and unders that are strong.

hopi,

The Waves won the championship game 37-28 against the Top Guns. A couple of parents told me that the coach played his bench quite a bit against the Raiders, thats taking a big chance at a Super Regional I thought. Anyway the Waves appear to be the strongest U11 team in TN so far this season, the state championships should be very interesting this year.

My predictions are:

1 - Waves

2 - KGC or Murfreesboro Lady Belles

3 - Top Guns

4 - Raiders

Time will only tell though....should be some good competition either way.

Edited by Spree1024

• 2 weeks later...

So, the Waves won the Super Regional? Which Sub-State was played this past weekend? From what I have seen of the Lady Belles, they would have thrown a major kink in the Super Regional tournament, if they had been in attendance. The Lady Belles, apparently, kicked some major butt this past weekend at the Hooptown Tournament. Any other updates?

sassybmanmom,

Yes, the Waves won the super regional. What other teams were at Hooptown this past weekend? Why didn't the Belles play in the super regional? Did you see the Waves play at the super regional? KGC won their East sub-state tournament. What other tournaments are the Belles going to be at? The TN Miracle Classic in Jefferson City May 14 - 16 would be a good preview for nationals.