POWELL WINS REG & CANT HOST SUBSTATE

fife

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, it doesn't matter if it's a rule or not, it's a stupid rule that is motivated solely by the greed of the TSSAA, who want big gates for the games they get large %'s of the gate from. If they were motivated by right and wrong, rather than $$$, then the rule would be different. Those of you who say, "well it's a rule so we have to accept it" need to start exercising your mind a little. They have earned the right to host this game, they should host it at their school! That is the advantage they deserve. To shoot at the rims they practice on, that is also a rule! The winner of a region hosts the substate game which follows, Apparently the rules which concern the TSSAA money intake, trumps all other rules concerning what a team has earned on the court.

or they can change the rules and have the Sub-State game at a neutral site for everyone

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they tried that with their two-year utter failure of 6-team sectionals

had the two lowest grossing state tournaments by far because of the rash of upsets

win region = host

TSSAA is an organization of "schools". Schools are headed by administrators. The "Board of Control" and the "legislative Council" set the rules...in other words principals across the state make these rules, not the "people" at TSSAA.....The people at TSSAA just enforce what the member schools want as their rules.

When rules are changed you must go through the people on the board. There is a list on the web site. There must be enough schools that want a change before there can be a change.

It doesn't matter if the game is held at another local high school or some other site that is near. Anyone who has played basketball or is currently playing will tell you that there is just something about playing at home that is different. These teams win their regions and deserve to have the home game on their home court.

I also agree that the sectionals were no good. Basically, the point i was trying to make was that TSSAA should stop looking at the dollar signs. It's basically all they seem to care about.

And rules may be rules, but I remember back in 1998, Oliver Springs guys hosted a sub-state guys game at home against Chatt. Arts & Sciences. Anyone who's been there will tell you there isn't anyway possible to get 1,250 seats out of that gym. I think they only sold around 900 tickets, so why was an exception made then and not now.

I'm thoroughly disgusted by the fact that Powell cannot play the home substate game. I played boys bball there in 92-94 and we lost in the region championship game to Bearden my last year. Had we won that game, then been told that could not play at home, we would have been disgusted too. This rule is motivated entirely by money, and it stinks, BIGTIME. Can somebody explain to me the purpose of the rule other than money. The TSSAA does not care about the kids. They care about their pockets. They stink. Ronnie Carter and all his boys should be really proud of themselves.