POWELL WINS REG & CANT HOST SUBSTATE

fife

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's 50% for football....like HTV, I know that for a fact. Other sports - I don't know, but I bet it's probably the same. By the way - does anybody know what playoff tickets cost at the gate? I'm thinking around $7 to $10.

Congrats to Powell for overcoming the distractions and beating Jeff Co. tonight!!!

I'm just curious......Is the Murphy Center large enough to host the state tournament, or is the T$$AA going to have to move it to the Georgia Dome. After all, the dome did host the record NBA crowd with over 62,000 in attendance. Surely this place will be big enough to satisfy the T$$AA's requirements. But then again, who knows????

A big congratulations to Powell for winning the substate. We wish you the very best at State. Is it me or is Powell really jelling here at the right time. I saw no panic in their eyes when it came crunch time.

The rule is a rule. But I still believe a school that wins home advantage should receive it. The TSSAA is dead on wrong by not allowing, Powell, Coper Basin, Knox Central, Oak Ridge or PowDunk High the right to host a home game if they win the right to have it. My only question is if it were a "big name" big buck, big pull school, how long would it take to change the rule.

One final word, was that one of the worst officiated games on BOTH sides of the ball that I have seen in a long time. Hope those guys are planning on sending that tape to audition for college officiaiting.

GO LADY PANTHERS!!

Congrats to Powell on their win tonight and I just wanted to say to you and your fans..... I feel your pain about not getting to play on your home floor. I hail from Clay Co. (Celina) and we have played a few SubState games in the past 13 years, and the first few times we did get to play on our home floor. However, since the TSSAA has put this little rule into effect we have had to travel 45 min from our home floor to play our "Home" Substate game. I think this rule is bogus and a bunch of bunk. We finally got to play a HOME substate game tonight only because we built a new school that has "enough capacity".

Good Luck at the 'Boro! :P

A big congratulations to Powell for winning the substate. We wish you the very best at State. Is it me or is Powell really jelling here at the right time. I saw no panic in their eyes when it came crunch time.

The rule is a rule. But I still believe a school that wins home advantage should receive it. The TSSAA is dead on wrong by not allowing, Powell, Coper Basin, Knox Central, Oak Ridge or PowDunk High the right to host a home game if they win the right to have it. My only question is if it were a "big name" big buck, big pull school, how long would it take to change the rule.

One final word, was that one of the worst officiated games on BOTH sides of the ball that I have seen in a long time. Hope those guys are planning on sending that tape to audition for college officiaiting.

GO LADY PANTHERS!!

Actually, I saw a lot of panic in Powell's eyes until it got to overtime...Jefferson County had a chance to win it in regulation but Ogan (what a big-time player) stepped in and blocked the shot...after it got to OT, Powell made like the first quarter and went up 6 to pretty much seal it.

I didn't hear the official attendance or the seating capacity at Central, but there were plenty of good seats on all 4 sides...

Powell SCHOOL

I CAME BACK FROM A SINGLE A GAME AT Unaka HIGH SCHOOL THAT HOST A SUBSTATE GAME AGAINST Wartburg. ALL SINGLE A SCHOOLS IS TO HAVE 1,000 SEATS AT 18" PER SEAT. WHAT A JOKE!!!!! MAYBE 600 AT THE MOST.....

THEY HAD CHAIRS ALONG THE SIDE OF THE WALLS AND EVEN IN THE DOOR WAY.

BUT THATS T$$AA FOR YOU!!!

Hey buddy, two years ago, We had to play sub-state a tHappy Valley because we were about 30 seats short. After that we put in that little section on the visiting side. There you go. 1000 seats. You just need to stop whining because you got beat by a better team.