How are Rhea County's Players Eligible ?

Let's be realistic here. The regular season is over. Speculation over eligibility is moot. If these players had been ineligible, don't you think that the coaches in Rhea's district and region would have brought that to TSSAA's attention much sooner? I can tell you this: Rhea would be in a world of hurt without them.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all you people worried about Rhea Co.'s coaches, transfers or whatever should just shut up and quit cryin. you obviously must be jealous because we beat your team. if the tssaa says our players our eligible then there is no discussion. as far as the guy that said we can't beat Oakland, check their record and you will see one of their losses this year is to Rhea Co. case closed.

Case Opened:

Oakland had kicked a starter off their team less than a week prior to the previous meeting AND 2 starters from the region championship game were not eligible. Oakland is winning by 13+ points the last 4 games against 4 district champions. RCHS is "winning" by -0.75 points the last 4 games against 2 district champions, 1 runner up, and 1 dead last place team.

And, just my opinion, any team that throws a game, shouldn't be in this position anyway.

Rhea Co is still playing! If you actually did throw the game I want to say good move coach.

ohspats, I enjoyed reading the excuses in your post. Remember a loss is a loss. Also, Rhea Co. is a much better team now than when they beat your Pat's. Now let me give you a little advice: Do not take Rhea Co. lightly. They are very athletic and have beaten some pretty good teams including Cleveland, Brainerd and yes Oakland. They have played one of, if not the best team in the state Bradley Co. very close. See you in the Boro!

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wat until next year he has 3 more coming in and they are as follows.

6'3 guard Steve Nelson from Rogersville

6'6 forward Paul Eidson from Hancock Co

and the best of all a super quick 5'10 guard by the name of Mark Hale from just outside of Tuson AZ in Nogales

Go Crowder and I think Susan Brotherton would be a great cheerleader sponsor

sounds like Rhea Co. coach is a pretty good recruiter , maybe he can help coach peterson at UT get players ! what is the attraction at Rhea Co. that families pick up and move there ? with this kind of thing going on look for good things to come to Rhea Co. at others expence ! i say play with your local talent and compete fairly !! then you won't have to read ,address and defend coachs who have to recruit players because they don't have confidence in their own coaching abilities and have to search for talent elsewhere . PLAY WITH THE HAND YOUR DEALT PEOPLE !!! 7 TRANSFERS IN 2 YEARS ? GIVE US A BREAK !!!

for everyone's info. let it be known that floyd and cooper were born and raised in Rhea Co. their families moved to chatt. and Cleveland and now they are back home where they belong. enough is enough. can't we enjoy our season without everyone looking for an excuse to put us down? regardless of what everyone might think, we still had to win to get where we are. these are kids out there. if you don't understand that than you should find something else to do than get on this site and put them down for their families decision to move back home. let's face it, we all love our teams and want them to win, but the reality is that they all won't. this should be a board where the fans can get on and encourage their teams and maybe even brag a littlebit, not put down people that we don't like or teams that we don't care for. most of the people who spend time looking for reasons to put down others are very misinformed and do not know all the facts. i am not just a Rhea Co. fan, i am a basketball fan, and although i want the eagles to win, i appreciate all the kids on all the teams that work hard and give us games to enjoy.

WHY should Rhea Conunty be able to recruit players all over the state

BUT

The rest of the High Schools in the State of Tennessee have to follow the rules that recruiting is illegal?

I think this is an issue that needs to be address on the message board!

Question, did Rhea County really recruit 7 players the past 2 years?