Home Cooking in the Sectionals

vern

First off, the officials let Coach Davis sit at half-court making a special concession to him because he did not want to sit at the far end where every other team who played in that gym did. What is the point in having home-court advantage, if it doesn't pose a problem for the other team??

As for the officiating, Unaka's center fouled out with about 3 minutes left. And the 5th foul on #44 was a technical, which she deserved. She had been running her mouth all night about "I'm going to punch someone, if they touch me again". It's called a box-out, honey, they do it in every game some harder than others. You play to how the refs are calling. If the girl is straight up and doesn't jump, but you jump into her it's supposed to be a foul on YOU!

Also, since when is spitting on players allowed? Showed a lot of class Wartburg parents!!! And cussing the players and coaches as they left the floor.... its no wonder #44 got a Tech for running her mouth.

Just quit whining, go to Murfreesboro, BUY A TICKET, and watch the game! All the player cussing in the world will not change the fact that Unaka is going and Wartburg isn't. Bottom Line.

Wartburg is a good team, with 3 better than average players. They had a great season and should be commended for their accomplishments! Good job ladies!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hall looked like a pin ball being knocked around on that final play. There should have been a call before the shot was even attempted as she was pounded. That might have benefited Elizabethton if they would have called the first foul because they'd probably had three more seconds and wouldn't have been left with a 40-foot heave.

as for the spitting on players of Unaka i find that had to believe that Wartburg was even close enough to them to spit when the cops made sure that they watched and kepts Wartburg fans on their side of the gymn after the game not bothering to watch Unaka's fanas they taunted Wartburg and the cursing came from one of your own. but the cop didnt see that.

as for 44 all she said was it went out on her foot and i was there to see it for fact what she said. i know i would have been whinning a little myself when it was ok for Wartburg to go up for a shoot and get faould and beat around and it wasnt for Unaka.

what gymn have you ever been in that the teams had to sit at the far side of the floor in order to play i been in bball for years and have never seen that before maybe thats the way you all do it but no where else has ever done that.then to have to check in to a game by running across the court is rediculious, Unaka could put someone in the very second they wanted to.

This is in reply to all Wartburg fans ~ It was my daughter who got spit on by one of your fans. Yes rnanamom your fan did spit on our player (my daughter) Now had I seen it or found the one who did it he would have spent a couple of nights at Sycamore shoals. That is the most disgusting thing I have ever heard of a fan doing. Fans will taunt, yell, complain, cheer ect ect....... But my lord SPIT. That is an all time low. Take your loss and worry about next year because Unaka Lady Rangers have no seniors and we WILL be back. If you practice enough you might get to hold sub state at your gym and then listen to the other team whine. :o

Unaka Lady Rangers Are State Bound <_<

I don't have a comment about home cooking, because the game I was at, both teams got some questionable calls. I did want to comment on the behavior of the Summertown fans. I have never seen a student section behave in such a positive manner. The kids yelled for their players and only "annoyed" the Goodpasture girls by yelling or clapping for their girls. The other fans (adults) were very supportive of their girls and many of them commented on our players' sportmanship and conduct after the game. Other than the usual chanting of the "goodbye" song, which is normal and not meant to demean like many other cheers nowadays, they were very good fans of the game...not just their team but of the game of basketball. They did NOT spit or curse at the Goodpasture girls. Disgusting that anyone would feel the need to do that to another human, much less a teenager only because they chose to play some basketball. It was a good game, and many might disagree but I think the game was actually decided by the players. Congratulations to both teams for a great game.

as for the spitting on players of Unaka i find that had to believe that Wartburg was even close enough to them to spit when the cops made sure that they watched and kepts Wartburg fans on their side of the gymn after the game not bothering to watch Unaka's fanas they taunted Wartburg and the cursing came from one of your own.  but the cop didnt see that.

as for 44 all she said was it went out on her foot and i was there to see it for fact what she said.  i know i would have been whinning a little myself when it was ok for Wartburg to go up for a shoot and get faould and beat around and it wasnt for Unaka.

what gymn have you ever been in that the teams had to sit at the far side of the floor in order to play i been in bball for years and have never seen that before maybe thats the way you all do it but no where else has ever done that.then to have to check in to a game by running across the court is rediculious, Unaka could put someone in the very second they wanted to.

Vanderbilt used have it.

Happy Valley HS

Just to name 2.

And what about the fit Coach Davis threw sitting in floor like a kid throwing a tantrum. He should have been "T'd"

And the spitting was as the girls went out the doors and down the steps.

Edited by osubrutus

I've been listening to WECO radio broadcasts for 10+ years and have never heard a NEGATIVE thing about the officiating. Well...that is until last night my friend!!

I've heard WECO disagree with some calls, but Keith would say, "But I'm not paid to make those decisions." No flagrant negativity. But I did hear Sunbright's girl's coach Stephens comment after a game a few years ago on the air, "They sent Mutt & Jeff to referee tonight."

as for the spitting on players of Unaka i find that had to believe that Wartburg was even close enough to them to spit when the cops made sure that they watched and kepts Wartburg fans on their side of the gymn after the game not bothering to watch Unaka's fanas they taunted Wartburg and the cursing came from one of your own. but the cop didnt see that.

as for 44 all she said was it went out on her foot and i was there to see it for fact what she said. i know i would have been whinning a little myself when it was ok for Wartburg to go up for a shoot and get faould and beat around and it wasnt for Unaka.

You could have sent your players in when-ever you wanted to as well, if you would have sit where you were SUPPOSED TO!!!!! You are whining because your players had to run 1/4 the way around the gym to get buzzed in, well who are the idiots who decided not to sit where every visiting team allways sits??? How many schools have there bench at the half-court line ??? NOT MANY!!! If you coach had a problem with coaching setting where they were SUPPOSED TO, well then maybe ya'll need a new coach, 'cause every other team we play sits there, and they never have a problem with it. Well even if they do, they don't run home, get on the computer and whine about it on CoachT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!