Summertown vs FRA Updates

CoachT

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the defense had something to do with that. Regardless, FRA will never impress anybody, but they do what they have to do. Ask CPA people what they think about FRA. They may not be "impressed," but I can promise you that they would rather play anybody else in the tournament besides FRA. Unaka will not kill FRA. Mark it down. I'll come back here and take my medicine if it happens.

I love this one: "all they did is shoot free throws." They get fouled, they shoot free throws. Those are the rules, and the points count just like a jump shot.

I agree with bballfan04 i wasn't really impressed with FRA. I think they will get killed by Unaka in the state tournament. Summertown was just off shooting the ball last night.

Summertown didn't seem to have a problem shooting the ball in the 3rd quarter. They (esp #5) were draining everything in the 3rd, but then they missed a few and FRA hit a few, and Summertown just got rattled. They were down about 7 with less than 5 to go in the game and they panicked. They were turning the ball over left and right and started fouling hard (what looked to be out of frustration). No offense to their coach, but he made a big mistake by not calling a timeout during the 22-0 run by FRA in the 4th. It is true that Summertown couldn't hit much of anything down the stretch, but what most likely caused this low shooting percentage was what I previously mentioned above.

I guess they should have gone to the official and asked not to shoot the free throws, because they might get criticized for making them. Also, impressing an opponent or their fans is also not a typical goal in the game of basketball. Scoring more points than your oponent, however, is the goal. You people amaze me.

I agree with bballfan04 i wasn't really impressed with FRA. I think they will get killed by Unaka in the state tournament. Summertown was just off shooting the ball last night.

what are you talking about? did you watch the game or listen to it on the radio. If you listened, you didnt get a good idea, so heres a fill-in for you:

Every time the announcer said "Summertown puts up a three", what was actually happening was one of several things- heres the list:

1. SHS drove into the paint and had a good layup look but chose to throw it out for a rushed three.

2. SHS took a good luck for three, which gives them about a 35-40% chance of scoring- theyre a pretty good shooting team when theyre open.

3. FRA had 3 guys in 24's face and he still shot the ball, usually coming no wehere near.

4. SHS drove in but then thought better of after seeing 3 guys close the lane, so turned around, dribbled behind the arc, and threw up a fadeaway 3 with a guy in their face.

or 5. (this is my favorite)- they ran their offense until they got an "open" look literally from behind the goal for three right up against the baseline (i think that happened 3 times)- Id give them that shot all night.

All in all, theres no way any team is going to beat FRA playing like that. CPA and NCS do similar things and had good success, but NCS actually takes good 3s and CPA actually takes layups. SHS doesnt play basketball, they play gotcha from the 3point line. I dont know how they got that far, unless of course they just played like that last night. They got lucky for one streak in the fourth, but FRAs size and speed was too much and they couldnt get any open looks all night.

So, its not because they shot bad, its because they took bad shots.