Class 1A GOLD BALL (CHAMPION)...

TheAnswer9

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Can everyone now admit that CPA is the class of the tourney?

Actually, there's huge missing link: Rockwood, Halls and Greenfield.

While it looks like that everyone has played each other, they really haven't. It's difficult to compare CPA to the above three as they've not played many/any of the same people. There could be tragic flaws in ANY team that someone new can exploit.

Greenfield and Halls played on close game, so they're a toss up. Roockwood is an unknown right off the bat.

Making a judgement at this stage seems premature.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hard to believe that nobody is really going for Greenfield. Temple and Greenfield are both returning from last year so that should tell some people that they are back and ready for more action. It will be hard for some of the teams to overcome both of these strong teams. The matchup I would love to see in the end is Temple and Greenfield to play agian. Greenfield is getting ready for their big game on Wednesday against Grace. They want to go all the way again this year and are going to play there best. I think that so people are going to be very suprised.

Question to CPA fans:

Just wondering what the grades for your starting 5 are and the key reserves. Also how many of the starters and key reserves started or played last year.

Andrew House is the only senior starter. The other 4 starters are juniors. Austin Hobgood transferred from Ezell-Harding last year. Chris White, who plays a lot as a reserve, do not play basketball last year.

house is already a senior? wow, Im a senior too and it seems like yesterday when he was in 6th grade and i was in 4th at the same school? what is he, 19 or 20?

Go Rockwood. We are bringing a big contingent of fans to the Boro to root for the Big Green. If we play to the best of our ability, we can play with anyone in the tournament. Were deeper than anyone in the tournament with a legitimate inside threat, Thomas Davis at 6-8. We will have to hit some shots from the outside to keep CPA from sagging back into a zone defense.

Actually, there's huge missing link: Rockwood, Halls and Greenfield.

While it looks like that everyone has played each other, they really haven't. It's difficult to compare CPA to the above three as they've not played many/any of the same people. There could be tragic flaws in ANY team that someone new can exploit.

Greenfield and Halls played on close game, so they're a toss up. Roockwood is an unknown right off the bat.

Making a judgement at this stage seems premature.

Math Man, if you are going to use my quote and respond to it, don't just take one line of the quote and make it appear I said something I didn't.

The statement you quoted was based on my observation that CPA had the toughest schedule of any remaining team. That is based on the published strength of schedule in CoachT and CPA's record against the remaining 8 teams.

They have proven they are the class of the field based on that, not my opinion. That was my point.

My quote did not guarantee a win. I even admitted they must play their best to win.

At this point, anyone can win, but like all tournaments, there is usually a favorite based on what happened during the season. CPA has to be the logical favorite. That is not a premature assumption. Saying they will win would be.

CoasterBoarder, or should i say Miss Cleo? Who are you to say the game is already over, i havent heard the first whistle or the fat lady singing. You need to look at the Rockwood players and staff, both have been awaiting this game for many years. The Tigers do have alot of fan support on here and rightfully so. They play hard tough nosed defense and aggressive offense. They can press, and will press, i know Coach K like the back of my hand. Talk to me 5 mins before the game and ill let you know what will happen throughout the course of the game. Rockwood is a legitmate threat to anyone we play against. But since you all are so confident that the game wont be close, go ahead and overlook us. Then tell us how the bus ride home goes.

GO TIGERS!

Ive been called a lot of things, but I must say Im flattered to be named "Miss Cleo"

Hopefully youre right and its close- it makes for more exciting basketball. Im not a CPA fan, so itd definately help my teams bid if they got knocked out, Im just saying I dont see a way for CPA to lose.

Im going to be out of town for that game, but Ill be able to see the whole lower part of the bracket starting with FRA/Unaka at 2- I cant wait. Its going to be a good tournament.