Mccallie v. Farragut

mclove17

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both of those coaches are very experienced and will play lots of players to see what they really have... ANY scrimmage is not any kind of a true indicator of how really good a team is, but it can be an indicator of how BAD a team is, if they get stomped. I expect you will see alot of substituting from both sides, and when the season starts we will see who's rubber can meet the road. if this was a real game we would travel to see it but Preseason is just that preseason. Don't take alot from what you see off ANY scrimmage it is just that a chance for a coach to see what he has and when the season starts then the good teams will come out

I am amazed at the weight all of you put on scrimmages. McCallie and Farraguts coach are smart coaches and use these games as warmups. Catholic did tie Farragut but I talked to someone who attended and they said Farraguts two best playters didin't even dress out and Farragut rotated every position and subbed constantly the entire roster. that shows nothing in the strength of either team. I think McCallie and Farragut will use this as a warmup to again see what they have. THE REAL SEASON IS WHEN YOU DETERMINE WHO IS GOOD AND A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP MEANS YOU FINISHED IT THAT WAY!!!! Let's judge then!! Good Luck to all!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with gameball that scrimmages can be deceptive. Farragut and Catholic were missing two starters each in the first scrimmage and Catholic had one starting midfielder in goal. All four goals were scored in the first half. Both teams substituted liberally in the second half and there was no more scoring. The obvious difference in the two teams was Farragut's depth of club players. Farragut will have another great year and even though it's an exhibition match, the Farragut / McCallie game should be well worth watching. It's too bad Farragut won't be playing either Catholic or McCallie when it counts. Farragut v. Bearden will be tremendous.