SHOT CLOCK

rebecca

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

State tournament time is not the time to experiment with something new. Do it in a pre-season tournament, or Christmas tournament. Not having a shot clock is what makes high school basketball so interesting. It makes teams play with their different styles and learn to adjust to different styles. What is it teaching the kids if we have a shot clock, and another team can just pack it in and challenge you to hit jump shots. That almost completely eliminates the advantage of having a dominant post player.

No shot clock. Why would you really need it at the highschool level. Especially in the state tourney. The competition should be high enough to keep both teams in a game playing pretty intensely anyway. The tempo of the game should be controlled by the teams and coaches and if some teams cannot deal with that, then maybe the coaching should be re-evaluated.

high school basketball does need a shot clock. i cant remember who exactly was playing but i know that one of the teams was Chester Co. this was i believe a region tournament game. oh yea and a girls game.anyways Chester Co. was supposed to be blown out in this game. instead they wound up winning like 6-4. they held the ball the whole game. and jsut the other night while i was watching northside and Fairley play in their suvstate game i remember one possesion that northside had the ball for a good 2 minutes. anyways thats just my opinion.

As far as a shot clock goes, NO, NO, NO.

The low scoring game you were refering to was not a district/regional tournament game. It was between Chester County and McNairy Central.

I do not want to see the high school game degenerate into that garbage league they call the NBA. It's hard enough to teach kids the fundamentals these days. The shot clock would just tell them to hurry up and shoot.

JUST SAY NO TO THE SHOT CLOCK!