WHO'S NEXT.....not Gibson Co.

tennisguy

Well well well.....to all the ignorant and intelligence deprived fans of Gibson Co., especially hillado, pioneer pete, and gcfan....I TOLD YOU SO! We will probably never hear from these fans again until next basketball season when they're ignorant rants of winning a state again are forgotten by themselves. I told you guys that a record of 30something and 0 whatever wasn't very impressive when you play the sisters of the poor, school of the amputated arms, and the blind 3 times a year. The lil shooter, whatever her name was, is a decent player, but other than that they have no one on that team that can play competitevly with anyone in 7aa. With the exception of DeKalb Co. they couldn't beat anyone over there. And I will even say this, 8aa is way behind 7aa in terms of girls basketball, ubut I would bet a good sum of money and so would 7aa fans that Hume Fogg and David Lipscomb would sweep them during the season and they would finish third over there. I didn't have a great opinion of them to start with but after watching today and watching Livingston having an OK game against them (definitely nowhere near their best) I've decided that they are the most overrated team in the state by far. I even felt bad for them. It was a 15 point game and it really wasn't even that close because after the 1st quarter there wasn't a doubt who was going to win this game. I could tell that no one has gotten after them defensively all year because they had terrible time trying to break LA's press. But you guys as you do every year will brag about being ranked 1 during the season and how you guys are going to win state when you haven't played anyone out of podunk aa or whatever region you are in and once again you all will be one and done. As I've said before, you can't beat the teams over here. Definitely just another level of basketball for sure. And like I said, as soon as GC played a team that could walk and chew gum at the same time then they would get the brakes beat off them, and so they did. You guys are going to have to swallow what lil pride you guys have left (which shouldn't be much after today) and play a schedule that consists of real teams, not jr high teams like you guys already play. I told you that win or lose I would be on here to either rub it in or take my beating because I'm man enough to do so, but I don't think I will be seeing any of your ramblings on here for awhile. And you all say we are living in the past, well the past is nice, but the present is sure good too! And really, 7aa fans for the most part will agree, 7aa really isn't even as strong as it has been and I actually thought if the hype that you guys talk about every year was even partially true then you guys could have a chance, well guess not. My advice to the ignorant few over there is to just forget this site for another season because you guys don't have anything to say about this season, but I'm sure you guys will go on about how good of a season it was. Thats crap, if you guys are happy with mediocre go ahead, but I'm sure that no. 1 ranking during the season doesn't mean a whole lot now. Well I guess I will see you guys next season when you all start the same mindless rants again. Congrats LA and good luck the rest of the way!

hey tennis guy, how ya been. hanvent seen ya on here in a while. where u been? searchin for band wagon to join. yep thought so. u need to find ur hole and crawl back in it. u are a part of those classless people in middle and east tn that dont know when to SHUT UP. wish i had saw ya up there today. i saw some little nerdy guy walkin towards those tennis courts but didnt htink it was u. could have been tho. who knows. WHO CARES?!!? all i know is that u can talk alot of trash but do u have ne clue of what its like to PLAY, actually play and not sit the bench, in front of that many people prolly not, its a whole different atmosphere when u get to tha buro. but thats sumthin u would know nothing about.all i have to say is regular gym, same crowd same refs. LETS GET IT ON.

What is ignorant is you basing your opinion of Gibson County on one game. Yeah it is the one they lost, and the one that counted. It's unfortunate that they didn't play their best. Ignorant statements that they could not play with 7AA and they would struggle with 8AA are just completely profound. If they played Livingston 5 times they would win at least 2 of them. Your not even a LA fan, and your team is sittin at home right now wishing they could make the final 8 as is mine. You really don't have a dog in the fight so know your roll and shut your trap. Tennis"loser that sits behind a key board"

Well.....after hearing what I heard about the state tourney this year, I need another puke bag.

7AA is the best right now, however, I will be pulling for Seymour because if idiots like tennisguy.

Livingston Acad has NEVER beat Westview.....of course Westview has never beat Jackson Co. And never is an awful long time..... :justwrestle:

Not sure if tennisguy is an LA fan...doesn't sound like an LA fan. Gibson County had a great season. Who else can say they've done what GC did this year, I don't care who they played.

GC probably didn't have one of their better games yesterday, but LA had a lot to do with that. They did have a good team, though. Size, shooters, ball handlers. LA just had a better day.

Today's a new day. New focus for LA.

Well hillado, I will give you credit, you did come on to the website to read what I'm sure you knew was going to be said about your team, kudos for that and only that. And for you attacking me and what I've done and you saying I was a bench warmer, you wouldn't know me if I came up and slugged you right in the face so I really don't want to hear what you have to say about me because you don't me as I do know you so thats that. I really thought you fans of GC would actually recognize your faults and concede that you all had to get out of that area and play some real teams but reading some of the statements on this thread and others I see that you guys will never learn. And whoever said different gym and different refs or whatever has to be ignorant. Both teams had the same circumstances, they both played in the same gym and had the same refs and whoever said that if they played 5 times that ya'll would win 2 of them obviously didn't watch the game. You guys were really outclassed by a much better basketball team because LA didn't play their best, they played pretty good but not great and still handled your team really easily. As I said before I could tell that no one has gotten after you guys defensively all year because you all were scratching your heads when ya'll were pressed and really never adjusted to it that well. And I will say again, if that team can go undefeated then they have definitely played probably the weakest schedule known to man. Even if you do play a week schedule and you are better than everyone it is really hard to go undefeated, but if ya'll did then you really must have found some nobodies to play. Well I'm not going to argue with the few ignorant GC fans, I did see some of you guys up there at the boro and some of them were really nice. I think I will let the results do the talking for me, no need to argue with people with obviously don't know what they are talking about.

first off tennisguy LA was not that impressive at all. if it wasn't for the referees LA would not of won the game. I've never heard of 36 fouls called in a stat quaterfinal game it was rediculous and i'm willing to bet you that if GC had a rematch wiht LA it would be a totally different game. So you can say whatever you want about GC La didn't go 34-1 and if i'm not mistaking they have never done that. so believe what you want.

Gibsoncountysteve, you've got to be kidding me! Was you even at the game? While i do respect what Gibson County has done this year, what you have said is ridiculous! I did think there were too many fouls called, but if you would look at the foul situation for both teams they were almost identical. Gibson County could not break the Livingston press and that's the bottom line! I will assure you, had Livinston played Gibson's schedule they would still be undefeated not 34-1. I am not a fan of a team in 7AA, but i will assure you that they're number 4 or 5 team would give Gibson County all they wanted. It would have been a 30 point game had the girl with the goggles not gotten hot. The shame is that Jackson County had to sit at home, while you all we're in the tourney. Gibson County had a good team this year, but they were not state championship caliber and that's a fact! Now it's time for the prediction for next year. Gibson County goes 34-0, before losing in the first round of the state tourney once again. Give some of the coaches in 7AA a call and schedule a game with them, and then you will see how tough it is to win in that district! Early prediction for next year, Chumney and Sleeper lead Smith County to Championship!