MTSU Staff and Atsmosphere

flemtone

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TSSAA used to be a bit smug to the media before Matt Gillespie came along and bridged the gap.  Matt works so hard to make sure that we have everything we need and treats us with respect each year.  The folks you are talking about flemtone are either MTSU staff or extra help hired by the TSSAA to help during the tournament.  I had dinner with the MTSU staff each day (most are elderly/retired folks) and they were very nice to us each day.  I had a very enjoyable time at the tournament as I do each year since Gillespie came along.  Great job Ronnie Carter in hiring Matt to run media relations!  I usually talk to Ronnie at the tournament and he is always very courteous. 

This is not to say that you had a less than enjoyable experience though flemtone.  I hope that the tournament improves to your liking in the future.  Everyone should be able to have enjoy the time spent at the state tournament.  I'm also sure that your comments will be welcome at the TSSAA headquarters.  Believe it or not, they want to make sure everyone has a positive expierence.

I agree 100% about Matt. I've been dealing with him for several years now with media issues and he is always on top of whatever i've needed. Even when he couldn't accomadate my first preference he's always been willing to go the second mile and do the best he could. I have nothing but good things to say about him.

Ronnie Carter is a totally different issue, however, but that's another debate for another day.

There were Blue buses riding all around from the gym to the entrance to MTSU picking people up and dropping them off at their destination, etc.  There were about 4 there at least dunno how you didn't see one around at some point.

Don't know! Maybe their route stopped near the gravel pit. At least the parking was free way back there!

I thought they were very cordial and civil to us .. I though Melissa the lil blond person who worked the entrance way was very sweet and also helped to serve the media in between sessions. :D . Mr.Lance and ms.Maxine at the other gates were nice too.. :P They were very helpful even letting us know where the restroom facilities were.. :lol:

I agree the people on the concourse are very nice and have known most of them for a while now. It is the other people that have problems with everyone else...like it is too much work to treat people nice. It is like they want to stand or sit there and not do anything and collect a check. And if they have to do something, you bother them and disrupt their time and they will not even listen or act nice. I was at the game Saturday and an elderly person with a cane was sitting on the 7 row and after the last game needed to walk out thru the tunnel down stairs so they would not have to walk at the steps. The person down at the floor told the elderly man "You are going to walk up to the top and down all the stairs cause I'm not letting you down here." The elderly man said "I can't walk that good and I need to go out here" The Secuity man said "I don't care, It's not my fault that you don't have a floor pass." I just thought that they were wrong in not helping that elderly man with something.

A couple of my friends that I was at the Murph with last night for the boys tournament were treated rudely at one time. They wanted to go outside and take a smoke break and a lady working one of the entrances said that you can't go outside and come back in. Frankly, she was rude to us. We then walked around to another guy and he said he would stamp our hands so we could come back in. Luckily there is someone nice that works down there.

i just want to say that the lady at the upstairs entry where the non-playing teams go in is definitely earning her money. i have been attending the state tourney for over 10 years now as both a player and now a coach, and she is definitely not letting ANYONE get through that gate that isn't supposed to.

she double checks the typed list that you bring with you of your players and coaches. the other day when i told her my name she said, "well, i don't see it on here," in a rather hastily manner so i said look under the coaches. of course there was my name and she looked so upset that my name was on that list. i mean, is she getting a commission for everyone she turns away? she actually told our guys team last year that one of the players was not getting in b/c he was too short and wasn't in high school when he actually was. just wondering if anyone else had experienced the same thing???