Who do you pick first?

wneely

If you were the GM of a "high school team", and you had the first pick in an "expansion draft", who would you select with the first overall pick. The catch is: the player has to be from Tennesee.

I personally am a FIRM believer in great guard play. I love the big fellas, but someone has to be able to dish it down low to the big guys and Willie Kemp can dish the ball like NONE OTHER! This kid can flat out play. I really would love to see Willie go to a school like Oklahoma, Pittsburgh, Kentucky, a school where hard-nosed defense and assists are key to success.

So Willie is taken #1 - that opens up the door for the #2 pick - Brandon Wright, Brentwood Academy.

Brandon is such a BALANCED player. He can truly do it all. He can play any position on the court. PG, SG (he has such a sweet stroke), SF, PF, Center. He does it all with such grace and elegance. Everything about his game is so smooth and polished. He averaged like 20+ points a game and I'm sure averaged well over 10 rebounds a game as well and probably 2 or 3 blocks a game. He is phenomenal.

#3 pick - Tyler Smith, County

Tyler does not compare well along side Willie and Brandon. Tyler is an absolute FREAK. He plays the game above the rim, but WILL need to develop a shot if he wants to EXCEL at the next level. Granted, you can teach someone how to shoot, you can't teach someone raw skill and athleticism. I think that Tyler will truly be an impact player at an upper-eschelon school (and I DO NOT mean Tennessee). Wake Forest, Duke, Georgia Tech maybe?

Willie Kemp - Pittsburgh

Brandon Wright - Kentucky, Louisville, Illinois (he DOES look like Brian Cook)

Tyler Smith - Wake Forest, Cincinatti, North Carolina

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all Tyler Smith is a great player and can hop out of a gym. I haven't seen this Willie Kemp play so I won't coment on him........That said I don't think anyone in the state of Tennessee can play with Brandon White, He's got it all. His coach holds him back some. He could easily play a guard but he knows his role. He plays smart basketball from what i can tell and will go big in college level.

Place Tyler Smith in a high school such as Bolivar, Ridgeway, White Station, Bradley Central, where there is a coaching presence and no one in the state could stop this young man. With that being said, Brandon Wright has a better all around game as Neely said earlier. He and Tyler faced off twice this year and it was about even, but the smoothness in Brandon's game is way above Tylers and the kid is only a sophmore...scary.

As for Willie Kemp...no guard in the state is on his level...the kid is a Balla. 18 assists in one game...amazing. Many nights, he leads his team in points and assists. The kid traveled 3 hours to scout a Sycamore team that they were going to face in the sub-state...it doesn't get anymore involved than that. Oh and I forgot to mention...he is a sophmore as well. Tennessee basketball will be at no loss for stars next year, even if Tyler does leave for Oak Hill (I hope he does).

Let's see. Brandon Wright, two yrs of HS, two state championships, two tourney mvp's, one Mr. basketball(probably will get a second soon).

its a tough choice, but i'll take brandon wright.

the way he changes a game defensively(blocking shots) is a huge plus. none of the others offer that option.

To jjwildcat, I didn't mean he holds him back from doing more than he needs too but in a sense wright could be playing a guard and scoring alot more if his team we're better than they are and had more players that could play inside. By no means was i putting BA's coach down or saying anything negative about his coaching.

I've seen Bwright and Willie play 3 times...I've actually seen willie play since he was 12 in AAU, imagine how phenomenal he was then...

I've seen Jamont play as well, and Shawne Williams who was rated the #6 best player in the country and signed with Memphis...

I won't comment on Shawne cus he is a senior but Brandon Wright is the best sophomore there is. He completely changes a game with his defensive play and no one can hold him. Willie is good, but Brandon is the second best sophomore in the country...

Actually Pierre Niles for Ridgeway, and Thaddeous Young were ranked higher than Willie as well.