Predictions for 13AA in 04-05

3pointer

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO Ferrell did more for that team than did Bellamy. Alot of the intangibles, such as hard nosed perimeter defense against the other teams best player. She also was the only player on Westview's team that could take her defender off the dribble and create shots for herself as well as teammates. She would be a complete player if she had a deadly outside shot.

It depends on what you consider valuable. Bellamy is valuable and a great player, as a post however, she is only as good as the guards feeding her. It's kind of like the Kobe/Shaq thing. Who is more valuable?

IMO Ferrell did more for that team than did Bellamy.  Alot of the intangibles, such as hard nosed perimeter defense against the other teams best player.  She also was the only player on Westview's team that could take her defender off the dribble and create shots for herself as well as teammates.  She would be a complete player if she had a deadly outside shot. 

It depends on what you consider valuable.  Bellamy is valuable and a great player, as a post however, she is only as good as the guards feeding her.  It's kind of like the Kobe/Shaq thing.  Who is more valuable?

I'll agree with everything you say. IMO losing Bellamy was more disruptive than losing Ferrell would have been. I wish Ashley the best of luck in college. Losing the freshman with the ACL at the beginning was the biggest disruption the Lady Chargers had. You know what they say about opinions of course so we agree to disagree.

"Support the 13AA/7AA Challenge Series"

i didnt say the wizard was a better coach than russell, go back and read it again...i said x's and o's

i said russell was the best program coach BAR NONE!!

is that a promise twhoops? :o i'm worried about DC's scoring is the only reason i can't envision them competing with the others for the title, but i said in my post that they could on any given night beat the top 4 at home

and i had respect for your bball knowledge until you said ferrel was more valuable than bellamy...i know you really don't believe that

although i didnt know tyus scored that many for CC so i have to admit i may have under emphasized their loss on that, but i really like that freshman guard #3 (even though i can't recall her name)

my bad 3pointer...the wizard, as he is called, does do a great job with the x's & o,s.

I misread your post. Russell's programs while at Bradford was among the states best. I hope he can build on GC's and bring a few of those Gold Balls our way. We have a good program, but just can't seem to get over the hump in the big games.

i will bump up obion in my rankings if they prove completely healthy this summer and i get a good look at the freshmen

ok, twhoops - just which team(s) have i ranked too high, i.e. which team will you guys pose matchup problems with and beat

i think you guys can beat GC if you will double dudley, but the reason i had them beating you twice is that y'all play zone and it will be hard to double out of zone IMO. i know you can trap out of zone but i just don't like the idea of dudley running around free against you and i can see her getting 25+

as for obion, i can see you guys beating them too if they have bad shooting night - depnds on their recovery from injury

i can't envision any way that you beat Westview sorry

i can see you sagging and beating crockett, but those freshman guards can all shoot, and if you sag against crockett, that lets them hide a weakness of theirs - turnovers.

you could easily beat UC twice but i think they almost got y'all once this year right?

I can see a lot of teams doubling on Dudley and making the younger guards beat them.. Not a bad strategy.. But I've been impressed with the play of the post player McElrath for GC.. She had a nice post-season, is an excellent rebounder and will give opposing teams trouble trying to contain her on the inside.. The battles she and Bellamy will have over the next two years should be outstanding..

:D