Whiate Station Finally catches BC

volntn

I cannot believe that someone actually got on THIS thread to accuse Coach Smith of recruiting. Same song, different verse. If a team is successful, they recruit! That's what people want to say. Bottom line is that what player with lots of potential, and who is a good kid would not want to play for a CLASS act like Kent Smith and play the best teams in the state (and some of the best out of state). I have said this on the girls board many times, but I will say it again on here. "Good coaches don't need to recruit. Their reputation and program recruits for itself." What player in this area would not want to play at Bradley??????????? Kent never needs to go out to find players. The players somehow FIND Bradley by themselves. Like Les, I am finished with this thread. It is getting out of control.

And the same is here in Memphis about White Station. Any kid who can play and academically can even get into ws would want to go there, yet i have read db and bc fans talk about ws recruiting for the last month. I know most of the kids who play for ws and most are good kids in upper-class families who live in ws's district.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Spartans on another very well deserved state championship trophy! They proved that they were again the best in the state. They clearly are the best program for the past 5 years and no one can challenge that fact. We here in East Tennessee take great pride in our basketball talent and coaches also. We have more success in our area than any other area of the state except Memphis. The last East Tennessee team to win the AAA state title was Cleveland in 1997. Following them was White County back-to-back the next two. Then West Tennessee took over. East Tennessee A teams have won the last four state championships so we certainly can boast a little. AAA Bradley Central has also represented this area extremely well for the past 5 years.

As for all of you baconhaters from the West side of the state, please go back and re-read my replies. I don't think that I disparaged the Spartans in this thread anywhere. I certainly took a shot at Ms. T because she deserved it. You'll miss her and her show when she moves to ECS along with Mr. T. He is an outstanding coach and I don't believe that he recruits either. It simply that the best players will always try to play at a school and for a coach that they know will get the best out of their efforts. That's why you'll continue to see Mr. T be successful at ECS, just as Bradley Central will always be strong with Coach Smith, Shelbyville girls will dominate as long as Rick is there, etc., etc.

And save your keystrokes for something more creative than lashing back at me. I'll not read this thread again unless I need a good laugh!

LOL! :unsure:

Bradley DID get embarrassed by Oak Ridge... who didnt even make it out of their region... OR won by 16... White Station is the 2004 AAA champs and Bradley wasnt even in the Finals so how can you compare them? thats 3 in a row for White Station and 4 in the past 5 years... and i believe a man named Dane Bradshaw is from WS now at TN

I wish Dane Bradshaw would go back to Memphis. Buzz is trying to get the pipeline from Memphis to Knoxville by playing Bradshaw. The problem is Buzz will not be in Knoxville very long playing Bradshaw.