White County Basketball

whowebe

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I heard this was narrowed down to two canidates.

Eric Mitchell - Former Pickett Co. and TTU player. Currently at Loudon coaching boys.

Mike Buck - Former Clarkrange and MTSU player. Currently at Cumberland Co. coaching boys.

Both guys are fierce competitors. I don't have an oppinon of who it will be either way. I know both guys and either of them will do a fine job.

• 2 weeks later...

White County is getting an excellent coach in Eric Mitchell. He has outstanding knowledge of the game, a great work ethic, and is also a great guy. I bet Loudon hates to see him go. He won alot more games than he should have this year with the Loudon boys, nothing against them, but they were outmatched in most of the games they played in both size and talent.

Hey guys I don't know how white county will do with Mitchell as the new coach, but I do know that you can't complain unless you know the facts. I don't know all that happened with Coach Slatten. I was neither a follower or complainer of his. He did some great things and from what I can tell has a great talent in coaching however I do know that he does not communicate with his players well. They didn't respect him for whatever reason. Please don't bash white county because a few. The boys on the team are the only ones that have a right to complain. I agree that white county may not have supported him as much as we should have. But I know that unless you communicate with your players and support them and have respect for them then they are not going to respect you. Whatever happens in the future in the basketball program I will be there to support them just as i have been in the past, no matter who the coach is...