Best school track

Hawaiianpunch35

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kenwoodrun

I guess you have to define "track".

Some places have a respectable to beautiful 8-lane rubberized accurately marked track...but then they don't have a pole vault pit, have uphill or downhill horizontal jump runways that force you to start your approach in grass, and may even have kids throwing the discus into a forest (I won't tell that story unless someone asks). Then they could have a great surface with horrible seating or nothing to block the wind, so that the wind becomes a major factor on a moderately breezy day.

So nice "tracks"...there would be several.

Nice "track and field facilities"...there would be very few in the state. GPS and Briarcrest are obviously near the top of that list because we've seen them pull off state meets.

Edited because I still can't spell.

Edited by kenwoodrun

BGA's surface is very soft which makes it very slow...the same goes for MBA's track. The fastest high school tracks in TN that I've run on are McCallie and GPS. Two great places to jump are FRA (wind, wind, and more wind) and Kenwood (gotta love the ramp-like runway).

Also, I personally didn't like Briarcrest's track, mainly because their runway wasn't long enough for me and because of the puddled water in lane 1. However, the facilities around the track (ei. the "clubhouse") were amazing.

Guest kenwoodrun
Two great places to jump are FRA (wind, wind, and more wind) and Kenwood (gotta love the ramp-like runway).

Maybe that's why we had the #1 girls triple jump in the country into our pit last year at 43' 6" ;)

Did you ever jump at Overton? Everytime we've ever jumped there, we put up extraordinarily good jump numbers. Way better than we usually do into their LJ pit. Maybe coincidence.