Volunteer Falcons

doubleplay96

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well it sure feels good to see the thread going on football, My frist look. Good job picking up the ball 96.

I also see the line play as being the deciding factor. We have many key people back in the skilled positions. and they are proven winners. Lets beef up the line and be aggressive.

GO FALCONS

One more thing, The Touchdown Club meets May18, 6:00pm in the music room at Volunteer High School.

Wrap'em up and ride'em down!

Edited by ulcpanther

Well, us baseball kids are back, and practice seemed pretty good. There wasn't a position on the field that I thought could not be filled, or is not ALREADY filled with a lot of talent. We've got some size on the o-line, so Charles can do his thing with the goto guy, Fleming. And we have a very very vast receiving corps. to support them both. The backfield seems to be pretty tough too, with Jay at RB, Mellons at RB, Jarvis at FB, and a few others such as Morelock, J. Davis, Villegas, and Bo Dykes subbing in at the moment. The defense looks good with all the defensive backs returning along with Chapman and Shivers. All together, I believe we'll have an excellent season. Don't you think so Dp?

Edited by Falcon Front-Runner

Hey, you guys gona' need any help with the field this summer?

I bought a old van that I converted into a "giant cooler"!

Lined the whole back end with plywood and styrofoam, drilled a few holes in the bottom for drainage, and hooked a 12 horse briggs&straten to a icemaker. We can put up to 40 cases of diet-coke and 175 32oz. Gatoraid bottles in there at once. Im good for 14hr. days as long as I've got something to drink.

So.....what do you think?

WaCo :lol: JaCo .........pronounced, whacko jacko

We're always looking for good help Whacko.

I bet you sound like the ice-cream man coming down the road with that big chiller you drive. Drive around a bit with the bell ringing and lure some more help on down to Hawkins County.

Come on down to the meeting Tuesday night.

Well bud, like satch said, it's early. I thought the whole team looked good but the TN High game was all I saw.

We do have seasoned players at some key positions and as to the scrimmages I was most impressed with the line play. The backs and receivers will get the job done with team work. The senior leadership in the line will make the difference. We seem to have senior linemen that set the bar high and a lot of kids that want to play like men. I've just always thought games are won in the trenches.

We are all excited about our chances. If ya want to be a part of the team, come out Tuesday night at 6 and join the Touchdown club.

If I can get whacko on the refreshment committee and bring that chiller he drives,,, we'll pull'em in.