Ensworth gets another good one

TheBigRedDog

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All that I can say is that everyone in D2 had better be ready for Ensworth. You had better get them the first few years because they will be very good. Ricky seems to know how to hire very professional coaches and admissions directors. This school may hurt BA, Harpeth Hall and MBA more that anyone could every have dreamed.

All that I can say is that everyone in D2 had better be ready for Ensworth. You had better get them the first few years because they will be very good. Ricky seems to know how to hire very professional coaches and admissions directors. This school may hurt BA, Harpeth Hall and MBA more that anyone could every have dreamed.

Its going to hurt BA and Harpeth Hall for sure. I doubt it will affect MBA too much.

bigreddog,

It has already hurt MBA with the quality of applicants that they are receiving in the 7th grade. It is my understanding that over 50% of the starters in football attended Ensworth and now the Ensworth students will not leave to attend MBA. Look at where MBA has received contributations in the past and who is helping build Ensworth, you will find that many are the same families and now they are on the Ensworth sideline. At first I didn't think that MBA would notice any difference but now I feel that it will have a major impact with both academics and athletics.

bigreddog,

It has already hurt MBA with the quality of applicants that they are receiving in the 7th grade. It is my understanding that over 50% of the starters in football attended Ensworth and now the Ensworth students will not leave to attend MBA. Look at where MBA has received contributations in the past and who is helping build Ensworth, you will find that many are the same families and now they are on the Ensworth sideline. At first I didn't think that MBA would notice any difference but now I feel that it will have a major impact with both academics and athletics.

cbg,

I am VERY familiar with the situation. As an MBA alumnus I can assure you that any impact will be minimal. Only a small percentage of MBA students come from Ensworth now. In fact, MBA strict admissions requirements are partly the reason for Ensworth building a high school. Traditionally, it was almost guaranteed that most Ensworth boys went to MBA in 7th or 9th grade, but in the past 5 or 6 years MBA has become more stringent and this angered a lot of parents who's boys didn't get in. In many cases, sons of MBA alums didn't get in. I can understand their frustration. Certainly, Ensworth will be a great school, but it will take away very few boys that would have gone to MBA. Academically, Ensworth will be strong, but not up to MBA's standards, especially at the beginning. Athletically, they will be good in just a short time. Also, just because they now has a high school, doesn't mean that all the Ensworth boys will go there. Many will still attend MBA.

bigreddog,

It has already hurt MBA with the quality of applicants that they are receiving in the 7th grade.  It is my understanding that over 50% of the starters in football attended Ensworth and now the Ensworth students will not leave to attend MBA.  Look at where MBA has received contributations in the past and who is helping build Ensworth, you will find that many are the same families and now they are on the Ensworth sideline.  At first I didn't think that MBA would notice any difference but now I feel that it will have a major impact with both academics and athletics.

cbg,

I am VERY familiar with the situation. As an MBA alumnus I can assure you that any impact will be minimal. Only a small percentage of MBA students come from Ensworth now. In fact, MBA strict admissions requirements are partly the reason for Ensworth building a high school. Traditionally, it was almost guaranteed that most Ensworth boys went to MBA in 7th or 9th grade, but in the past 5 or 6 years MBA has become more stringent and this angered a lot of parents who's boys didn't get in. In many cases, sons of MBA alums didn't get in. I can understand their frustration. Certainly, Ensworth will be a great school, but it will take away very few boys that would have gone to MBA. Academically, Ensworth will be strong, but not up to MBA's standards, especially at the beginning. Athletically, they will be good in just a short time. Also, just because they now has a high school, doesn't mean that all the Ensworth boys will go there. Many will still attend MBA.

Wow!

:D

Not true.

What part is not true?

Ensworth has to get their kids from somewhere. They're not going to just grow them on trees. The topic of this thread proves this: Ensworth is geting good people from other places. They're getting them as teachers and/or coaches, and they will do the same with students and/or athletes. (I am in no way implying that they will do this illegally.) It cracks me up that few seem to believe that their school of choice will be impacted by Ensworth. I guess they'll get their kids from Metro.

I'll go beyond CPA and say that Ensworth might (notice I said "might" both times) also hurt other surrounding private schools like FRA, Lipscomb as well as the already mentioned BGA, MBA, HH.

Edited by Eddie Van Halen