Franklin Football...

undecided1234

Guest Oakland

i am sure there is quite a pay difference. but do you not think the boosters would do everything in their power to lure johnson to lincoln, even if that means up the salary for the head coach, but i heard where thompson wont resign until 2006, so i think franklin will have johnson for a while

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

That is not the word in LC where he had already talked to various boosters after Franklin went out in the play-offs, and Louie was ready to bow out. thinking it was ring time.

It is most coach's dream to coach at their alma mater. LC comes up with BIG money to keep the best.

It would be wise to treat your coach like a king in Franktown !

I really could care less what the folks in Lincoln County are saying. Until I hear from Coach Johnson "T, I'm going to leave Franklin" I won't believe a single thing. I wish I still had the edition of the Sonic Coach's Show where they asked Coach J about Thompson possibly retiring... the answer Coach J gave made it very hard to believe that if that happened anytime soon that he would leave FHS.

Guest Oakland

i feel ya faninthestand, in region 4 it is the same way, hopefully when they do reclassifcation they provide relief to some of these regions with 8 or more

I have read about Brentwood, what other teams that are in the region that could give Franklin trouble. Is it the year Centennial takes 1st place? We here in Clarksville wish for a Clarksville school, but that will never happen. What about Dickson and Henry Counties? Will they push Franklin?

Edited by gamesrus

Centennial looses a ton on Defense when you see the likes of Severino, Bates, Horton and some of their big lineman graduated. Offensively they lose OL experience and Bates in the backfield.

Franklin loses experience at Receiver and DB, OL and DL. Franklin did a good job of mixing in juniors last year at RB, DE, LB and a few on OL and DL. Keys will be on the development of the new QB (Solima was a one year starter that was developed during the off season), the Receiving Corp, and gelling the hog's together.

Not sure how much Dickson County lost (other than Coach Pearson - huge loss).

I think the top 4 doesn't change, just not sure the order.

Could be another year of Co Region Champs - you gotta love parity - makes for an exciting season!

it is still way to early to tell who will give who problems in the fall, the franklin-brentwood scrimmage should give some idea how those teams will be next season but both will be missing people because of other sports; in all honesty the team that lost the least out of the top 4 teams is centennial they will defninitely surprise some people, you have to remember region 6 is probably overall the best coached region in the state in 5a football, brentwood, franklin, centennial and dickson all have legit shots which makes for an exciting upcoming season

When will it be that Centennial is no longer surprising people? They were a couple drives away from making it to the quarterfinals last year. I'm quite worried about them...

yea thats true fhsreb, i guess i didnt mean they will surprise people but will post some big wins, sorry bout that