Brentwood Academy Coaching Change

JunkInTheTrunk

Recently, Brentwood Academy's strength and conditioning, and defensive ends coach, Scott Perkinson, was offered the job at the new Ensworth high school. With Ensworth having offered him nearly twice as much as what he was getting paid at BA, he decided to take it. He is a great coach and just a nice guy. Ensworth is very lucky to have a guy like Coach Perkinson leading the way in the weightroom. Good Luck from everyone at Brentwood Academy.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds like a powerhouse coaching staff!

Two coaches from MBA (including Bowers), one from CPA, and one from BA.

Indeed, a powerhouse coaching staff, but apparently Ensworth's existence will NOT impact area private schools. At least that's the argument that has been stated on another thread. I suppose Ensworth also has a science department that is growing wealthy families on trees.

• 4 weeks later...

Do I since a little jealousy from the private sector. I think it's great that there's a new rich kid bully on the play ground. I can't believe that anyone would criticize Ensworth for spending money to develope a good Football team. The other privates have been doing it for years. The only difference is that Ensworth isn't being sneaky about it.

Do I since a little jealousy from the private sector. I think it's great that there's a new rich kid bully on the play ground. I can't believe that anyone would criticize Ensworth for spending money to develope a good Football team. The other privates have been doing it for years. The only difference is that Ensworth isn't being sneaky about it.

Wouldn't one actually have to be in a fight (or in this case, play an actual game) to be considered a bully?

With the level of collective talent the coaching staff has it won't take more than one season for them to be the king of the play ground. I can't wait to hear what King Flatt has to say after Ensworth lays the smack down on BA when they play. Flatt is terrible for High School football and I can't wait to see him squirm

With the level of collective talent the coaching staff has it won't take more than one season for them to be the king of the play ground.  I can't wait to hear what King Flatt has to say after Ensworth lays the smack down on BA when they play.  Flatt is terrible for High School football and I can't wait to see him squirm

Looks like the gauntlet has been thrown, BA fans! Where is itzme, WesVols, et al.?

Being better than BA is a tall task. Climb that mountain and then all you have to worry about is a little squad weighted down in a lot of gold balls over on West End (with a coach who is a former NCAA and Super Bowl champion to boot).

Edited by rollredroll

You guys aren't fooling anybody. Everyone knows all of theprivate schools recruit the best players from the midstate to play sports. It makes perfect since for the players to start going to Ensworth. They have the nicest facilities and the best coaching staff in the state......Tell me I'm wrong