Blount County Football

susie

Hey guys (and one special lady, my lovely Suuuuuuzeeeee),

Been in August for the past couple of days, get back and you all have started talking some Blount County football ... awesome.

I think it will be a good year for all four locals. Maryville will most likely be better than they were last year, Alcoa has to be considered one of the top teams in the state in their classification, I hear Coach Rewis has things looking up at HHS, and at WB ,well ... things are looking real, real good.

Blount's defense has received a huge boost with the young man transferring from Alcoa, and with Darren Walker transfering back. Along with Ham-bone Borden and the other lb's they have returning, it should really bolster their defense.

Offensively, the Gov's will be scary. Speed, speed, speed, & more speed. They need a receiver or two to step up. If that happens, they'll score a lot of points.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will tell you one reason why MHS is better than everyone else, other than tallent, coaching, and just well because they can knock the crap out of some ppl......its because we have dedication, not only the five thirty work outs during summer, but also because while everyone else is just thinking about going back into the weight room, MHS is having spring practice.....in the middle of winter almost, i mean when a hot day is considered one where you cant see all of your breathe when you breathe. MHS has it during the first week of february, when the snow is still on the ground, when REAL men play.....thats why i refuse to post anymore of the football board right now when it is open for "spring practice".....spring practice shouldnt be played in the spring, it should be played when it can test how much of a man an individual is....spring practice in april HAH 70 degree temperatures with sunshine dont make a man out of ya....go rebs

I don't know where Maryville goes to practice, because I'm pretty sure that it doesn't snow here in December, let alone February. And since when did temperature make a man out of someone? In that case, NE college teams should be able to kill SE teams. I don't see that happening. I go to Alcoa, and it makes me sick to hear all the Maryville people run their mouth about everything. There is always an excuse for every loss or setback that they have. I know that we have some fans that say the only reason yall beat us is because of the depth, but I disagree, and so do the players. The last couple of years we have been slammed by Maryville, and it has been a disgrace, But I have a feeling this year is going to be different. Reid has his system in place, has been able to develop his players the way he wants them for his system, and has instilled his work ethic into the players. You mention Cade being a 3rd year starter, So is our QB. We aren't a young team anymore. Our dominant classes are in their prime for the next two years, and now is Alcoa's time. If we can't get it done these next two years, it may be a while until we have the talent that we have now, again. You better believe that I'll be there in August for the game, and I expect you Maryville fans to speak up when you lose to us finally. Yes I say finally, because I know its been a long time since we beat ya'll, but like I said, this is our time. I'll be interested in hearing the new excuses.

no excuses here, just facts, alcoa wont beat maryville. and there will be no speaking up for maryville, just all these alcoa fans getting hit with a big chunk of reality...it sure does stink that yall get all pumped up for the alcoa vs. maryville game every year only to have your dreams crushed year after year...

I don't know where Maryville goes to practice, because I'm pretty sure that it doesn't snow here in December, let alone February. And since when did temperature make a man out of someone? In that case, NE college teams should be able to kill SE teams. I don't see that happening. I go to Alcoa, and it makes me sick to hear all the Maryville people run their mouth about everything. There is always an excuse for every loss or setback that they have. I know that we have some fans that say the only reason yall beat us is because of the depth, but I disagree, and so do the players. The last couple of years we have been slammed by Maryville, and it has been a disgrace, But I have a feeling this year is going to be different. Reid has his system in place, has been able to develop his players the way he wants them for his system, and has instilled his work ethic into the players. You mention Cade being a 3rd year starter, So is our QB. We aren't a young team anymore. Our dominant classes are in their prime for the next two years, and now is Alcoa's time. If we can't get it done these next two years, it may be a while until we have the talent that we have now, again. You better believe that I'll be there in August for the game, and I expect you Maryville fans to speak up when you lose to us finally. Yes I say finally, because I know its been a long time since we beat ya'll, but like I said, this is our time. I'll be interested in hearing the new excuses.

Stop is Daniel..................you're killing me... ;)

FYI Daniel..........it does snow in January.

Why don't you play football? You would make a great DB or WR.

I think its great how my Trojans don't have to recruit to get to a state title game. If maryville stopped recruiting, how far would they get???

ummmmmmmmmmmm......how about to the state title game??? Maryville doesn't recruit. The program recruits for itself. You see trojan man......excellence breds excellence and what parent wouldn't want their child to be a part of excellence? I know if I truly love my child I would want what is best for them within my power and affordability. Maryville offers a lot to BC kids that are beyond athletics. Many many many kids transfer to Maryville that don't even play sports........do you know why?? the opportunity to excell in academics. Maryville also has a great music program and one of the best orchestra's in the state. You see Trojan.......Maryville has much to offer a chid looking ofr a challenge and most of it is NOT athletics.

I'm sure parents in Morristown position theirselves to send their childeren to Mo West if they feel it's best for their child. The same happens at Maryville.

Congrats on your trip to the Murf last year and good luck this season. You had a heck of a team last year. I'm sure coach Woods will have you on top again. He is a terrific coach.

Thanks, good luck to you guys too,

one thing- susie said this 'Aussie Flossie' runs a 4.2 40, no High Schooler can run a 4.2.. Scooter Houston for JeffCo last year didnt even run a 4.3...I'll believe it when i see it and i look forward to seein us play each otehr again come september

Scooter Houston's the baddest man in East Tennessee. Division 1-A colleges should all be whipped for not recruiting this kid.

You're right about that. But I think that some people feel that it's fun to get on here and hype a kid up so much that it becomes incessantly boring and overblown. The fastest football player (and track star, for that matter) in East Tennessee in the last ten years was James Rainer from Alcoa and he ran a 4.39 electronically timed forty. His best 100m was 10.3.