Jefferson County Football

EastTNGuru

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the other Coaches are ticked its their fault,Coach Euverard has not been here long enough to tick anybody off.Those Coaches who are mad are more than likely the coaches that Coach Meadows brought in.

JeffCountyPatriot, we haven`t even seen what he will do and all ready you are second guessing the hire?Give him time,there are some Coaching spots to be filled but thats the way it goes,if Coach Euverard wants to bring in some of his own people in let him.No one said a word when Coach Meadows brought in people,what is all the complaining about?

want some cheese with that whine region4fan? so you and tez dont see eye to eye. you both have your own views. and if 3 coaches "have stepped down/may leave", how many assistants does that leave jefferson county with??? ole marty better get on the ball and try to correct some of these internal problems if they are true.

meadows brought in 3 of the best coaches around this area, 2 of them are young and know more than half the coaches who coach for 20 years. the other was older, but has written like 4 books. 2 of the 3 meadows brought in are still there. the other is now the defensive coor. at william blount. i was just saying that if the coach has been hired for what, 3-4 weeks now, and he hasnt even met with all of the coaches and from what we hear at hardee's, when he spreaks he's got the "im king of murfreesboro coming back to east tn where nobody can coach" swagger about him. i for one like to win, and the county of jefferson likes to win. sad to see meadows, a proven winner go, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. i PERSONALLY think we made a mistake. my view, my opinion.

Guest region4fan

I can understand your wariness about another new coach and a new system. After listening to some of these fans and reading posts during the regular season from fans...no wonder you can't keep a good coach there. This litle vigalante group at Hardee's needs to support the program and let the coach do what you are paying him for.If they want to run the show, apply for the job! Like I said before, Marty will bring discipline, hard work, and prestige to your program. Sometimes assistants don't want to put the time in needed to achieve the above. It is their loss. Jeff County did not make a mistake by hiring Marty, I am afraid HE may have made the mistake by going there! Any coach deserves the right to bring in anyone they chose if the coaches in place don't chose to fit in the game plan.

I think that JC wants someone to led you to beat DB...............well Marty BEAT Riverdale with athletes not as talented. Need I say more?

Edited by region4fan

Guest region4fan

There you go listening to the folk at Hardees like it is the gospel. Why don't you go to Marty with your concerns instead of talking behind his back? By the way, Marty is a humble guy. I can't imagine anyone describing him walking with a swagger! that is not his style. Again, just talk to the man before you judge.

If Meadows brought in 3 guys , AND if he was the great guy that you claim he is...why did he leave these fellows high and dry? He should have taken them with him. You leave 2 men w/o tenure that you lured in? Marty will keep them if they have compatible philosophies.

JeffCountyPatriot, who would you have had us hire?Coach Euverard is a young, proven winner,who doesn`t take crap, and runs a tight ship.Yes his system is new but we can`t complain because of change(which by the way was caused by Coach Meadows)Belive me the players like him,his attitude and his fire for the game.I think some of you may be taking your anger for Coach Meadow out on the new Coach who just got hired.It would be a shame if you ran him off,because he upset off a few Coaches.His system,his coaches,his program,I think its a great hire and one we will not regret in the long run.

P.S all Jeff Co fans don`t feel the same way some of these fans do.

Guest region4fan

JC4life, I sure hope you are a current player. I am happy to hear your mature words.Truthfully, the kids should be the only ones whose opinions matter. We weren't happy that Marty left us. Yet, we are on here defending him to the hilt. That should give you a preview of what this man is really about. Don't be so closeminded. Trust your administrators and buy into his program. You will be pleasantly surprised.

I can tell you that I do not believe that you went to the game at all. I sincerely DOUBT that you drove all the way from east TN to see the LC/Oakland game. If you are a converted Riverdale fan, then you would have gone to RIVERDALE'S game which was in Murfreesboro instead of driving another hour to LC. And if you are such a Meadows Wannabee, then why weren't you supporting him that night?? Sorry, but Oakland had an excellent gameplan against LC. Ask Smyrna, cause they "borrowed" a lot of it the next week and came even closer to slaying the giant.

As for Marty and his Christian ways....... the kids were not forced to see the Passion. It was an after school event that was attended by the majority of the team. No one is punished for not going. Marty respects his players. As a parent of a former player, I appreciate the tone at Oakland. My son was on the team when another person was head coach . Suffice it to say that we were not pleased until Marty took the helm. You can get just as much out of kids w/o bullying, cussing, or being violent with them. Did I mention that we got a RING?? AND we were one game away from getting a second one the next year. Marty was an assistant at OHS b/f he took over as head coach. So his tenure at OHS was much longer than 6 years. NO COMPARISON to Meadows and his job share program. Like I said, Marty will forgive you for your ignorance and belligerent tone..

One more thing, there are good men on this board who support Riverdale such as TDCMAN and RIVERDALE. They discuss things rationally and intelligently.They are RESPECTED! Trust me, that they would NOT want someone as you declaring to be one of their fans!

Well, I live about a mile and a half off of Old Fort Pkwy in Murfreesboro, if you want to call that East Tennessee, by all means, be my guest.

I also would like for you to elaborate on the little "Christianity" situation. The little scenario you described also holds true for school prayer. Sure, non-Christians do not have to pray, but they're made fun of and ridiculed and looked at as "different" if they do not conform to doing so, much like the situation you described. Furthermore, the incident could probably be construed as illegal, for it is a religious venue ("Passion") being visited by representitives from a school (football team), which, in all likelihood, was sponsored by the administration (coaches), thereby crossing the line of separation.

This disturbes me, and if you're reading this and your child plays football for anyone, you should be frightened as well.

Guest region4fan

Your avatar says it all jeffcountypatriot. you are an angry person.BUT.... You are wrong. You don't convince someone to leave their jobs and uproot their families for 2 years and then leave them hanging in the wind. That is not right. It is usually standard procedure for a new coach to keep or dispose of the remaining coaching staff. Meadows KNOWS that. Taking care of your assistants is showing loyalty and how much you care about them. Leaving them twisting in the wind before they get tenure is not.

Guest region4fan

The FCA sponsored the trip to the Passion. Therefore, what you discussed is not valid. So if you live in the Boro, why are you so concerned with Jeff County? Or is it that you have a problem with Marty??

And you are probably one of those who automatically believe your kid over authority aren't you?

I am not debating religion with you. That is the quickest way to get this thread shut down. Being a rookie on Coacht like you are ...you need to read the policies!