Top High School teams for 2005 and 2006

topgame

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt be surprised if GPS continued to get better. Those girls play hard and they are young. I am expecting to see more 'A" level ball players joining GPS to make them even stronger. I also predict , Brentwood, with the upcoming players next year , to continue to climb in strength. They are going to have the hitters and they will be four deep in " A " ball pitchers. Riverdale, with the help of coach Breedon, will also emerge as a powerhouse team next year. They only lose 1 senior. Falon, Riverdales power pitcher has been playing with a hurt leg this year, so we havent even seen her best yet. She has a true rise ball that floats. Riverdale , with Falon, and with the help of an upcoming power pitcher and current players, will be very good and very tough to beat. I also see Ezell returning to a power team in two years. It is loaded with young talent that will be playing as eighth graders next year. Roark , as a freshman is doing a good job and will only become stronger. Beech, although they have three outstanding freshmen, ( I should say exceptional) , may not be as powerful. I am told the middle school team that feeds Beech did not even have enough players to field a team this year. That will hurt them in a couple of years. Wilson Central has some major hitting power and their pitchers are gaining confidence. They will be hard to beat next year, too. I dont know enough about Soddy Daisy or GoodPastures youth to make a prediction about their teams. I do know it will hurt when Goodpastures power pitcher , Peroni, graduates. If Goodpasture has several eighth grade hitters like Christina Wiley up thier sleeve they should stay powerful.