want to find a good qb?

qb#7

qb#7 was a pretty good quarterback in his day. He is a pretty good coach now. He can't play softball a lick though! :unsure:

He better stick to football. :D

hey rebelron i ve seen you play some softball and it was fugly. all four schools as well as greenback if you want to include them have good quarterbacks. they may not all be d1 prospects like old bhs was but they are all good high school quarterbacks.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What facts?  How about the fact that that those are 3-A and 4-A teams.  What was Alcoa again last year?

There are no facts.  You presented no facts.  I would like to see that ranking.  My post was basically an objective opinion, so please do me a favor and be quiet unless you have something smart to say.

Most of us are smart enough to know you do not have any facts in your last post, just your opinion. Any thinking person knows HS Football is not life but a part of life. The thread was about good QB's, who is yours? Now I am glad I got that off my chest!

Look him up. I'll stop at that.

And it'd be hard for me to be washed up at my age Headbusta, considering I still have two years of ball left to play. :unsure:

Edited by BHSfootball

In response to Dustin Merit of Heritage. This young man is a scholar athlete at Heritage and is being awarded with one of the highest academic awards in the Country. But Dustin did not stop there, recently he was selected to attend the Air Force Academy and has accepted the nomination. The selection process for the Air Force Academy is tougher than any D-1 school in the Country. Dustin spent part of the summer at the Academy competing against some of the best student Athletes in the country. I wish Dustin only the best of luck at the Academy. Who knows maybe someday soon Dustin will come back as a Thunderbird pilot and put on a Airshow for us.

BHS,

if you dont ride the pine like you say you dont, then you need to have more respect for other quarterbacks such as cade. and on your comments about football not being a way of life in blount county...where have you been man, mhs has won state championships 3 out of the past 4 years, and 1 in 1998. Alcoa has been to the state championship also in 2000 i think. football is very much so a way of life. if you've ever been to shields stadium on a friday night i think you would probably re-think that statement.

Maryville. Cade Thompson will be a 3 year starter. He has a great arm. I think he will have a great senior season. He won't be looking over his shoulder like he was last year. 28-1 as a starter.

Alcoa. Joey Figler will be starting his 3rd year at quarterback. He is a good one.

William Blount. Lucas Wall will be a very good quarterback at William Blount.

Heritage. I have no idea who their starter will be. Dustin Merrit was a starter his sophomore year,injury costed him his junior year and started his senior year.

Greenback. Austin James will be a 4 year starter. He has thrown for a bunch of yards and touchdowns.

BHS,

if you dont ride the pine like you say you dont, then you need to have more respect for other quarterbacks such as cade. and on your comments about football not being a way of life in blount county...where have you been man, mhs has won state championships 3 out of the past 4 years, and 1 in 1998. Alcoa has been to the state championship also in 2000 i think. football is very much so a way of life. if you've ever been to shields stadium on a friday night i think you would probably re-think that statement.

Back in my younger days, I used to go to Maryville games with my family. So I know what it is like. But I am elsewhere on Friday nights now(at my games).

I NEVER said I don't think Cade is good. I know how hard it is to do what he does and I realize the talent it takes to start as a sophomore at Maryville. He is tall, fast, and accurate. I have seen him play only twice and I know this. Being a QB is extemely tough, because you are either the hero or the goat. I know Cade has had his ups-and-downs at "Murville" and I know exactly how it feels to have your coaches have a guy standing on the sidelines ready to be put in when you make a mistake. It happened to me this year. I have great respect for Cade.

But anyway, my original point in this thread is Blount County ain't the only place you can find good QB's. But I'm sure any realistic fan in Blount County knows that. I did not mean to start a crap-fight or a trash-talk thread. I apologize. BUt anyway, good luck Rebs in 2004.

On Balance, I don't know how much it affects a kid to have another guy ready to step in should you have an off game. Maryville's coaching staff subs any player who is off their game, as it should be. In Cade's case he was in the right place at the right time when the starter (Rouse) got cheap shoted in pre-season to let him step into the position. Fortunately, for the team he played steady enough to get the job done. But he was behind a huge experienced line with a D1 and D3 Level RB's at his side. This helped him develop. Last year if Rouse had not stepped in during several games I don't think he would have credit for a 28-1 record as a starter. I expected Cade to be more consistent but he clearly was not at times. At other times he played great and made plays. One would expect a kid who has started 28 in a row, a number closer to 3 complete regular seasons, to be more consistent. Had he been consistent MW would not have gotten their dream trip to the boro, I think. Unfortunately Rouse was also inconsistent in my view at times for a senior. Both kids did a good job at QB and nearly running the table last year again. But Cade is and should be better this year, if he is not GQ will run the same type of offence this year. Personally, I hope Cade gets it done.