SOCCER

crkjon

SOCCER!!!! is sooo great. i think it has to be the best sport not only in the world, but also the u.s.a. SOCCER!!!! has to be the best most physically challenging of all sports...especially football, football is so worse than SOCCER!!! just curious what you all thought about SOCCER!!! and was curious if there were any other super fanatics about it

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You "organized kickball" guts crack me up. You know, the only people who down football and try to "elevate" their "sport" are soccer and cheerleading. The later is definately NOT a sport and the soccer is not far behind it in my opinion. Where do you all come up with these comparisons anyway, at the beauty salon while you are getting your nails and hair done. Anyone who knows athletics knows that the best athletes in the world are basketball players, followed closely by footballers.

having played basketball and soccer both for around 12 years, i'd like to say that soccer is definitely more physically challenging. while basketball requires many short bursts of speed, it's not the same. it IS a physical sport, one of the most physical actually, but i'd say soccer tops it. no idea about football, i've never played, i just know you wear a buttload of pads.

Soccer players, at the professional level, are probably the most physically fit athletes in any sport. Wrestling would be close second.

When you say physical, are you talking about running alot or hitting alot. There are some major collisions in soccer. Obviously, football has collisions on every play and is the most physical game out there. (along with Rugby)

The Chattanooga Locomotion is a semi-pro football team for girls so some girls do play.

You are all arguing for your prefered sport. Every sport has it's advantages and disadvantages. I played football in high school and thought soccer was a sissy sport. My mind has changed over the years. I have respect for any sport and the amount of training that goes into being good. (even cheerleading)

i wish soccer players would stop puttin down football players because it gives all of us a bad name. football is and always will be americas game so as long as you're here dont bad mouth it. soccer is also a very physical sport, despite what some may think(infact i recently saw a kid break his leg in half after a collision) and it requires a great deal of skill at the higher levels. and to answer the question about best athletes, it would either be olympic sprinters who are swole and fast or hockey players because they use speed, endurance and strength. but soccer and football are also hard and yes i've played both of them.