winning/losing streaks

rebeljohn76

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland won 54 in a row from 93-96. That's the longest of any recent team I can remember.

Those were some awesome Cleveland teams. I was at Anderson County the night the streak stopped. That streak was amazing. Sure beats the 39 game streak that Maryville had.

The De La Salle streak is amazing. I don't care who they play that is amazing.150 in a row. Like the earlier poster said, That team was a machine. They would wear out any team in Tennessee. That is not an insult to Tennessee teams either.That is how good De La Salle is.

I was just thinking. I see how posters rip Maryville because of their success.I see how jealous they are. I see posters rip teams like Brentwood Academy,MBA,Riverdale,Dobyns Bennett,CPA,Milan and Alcoa because they win. Could you imagine the stuff that rival fans say about De La Salle? I bet there is a lot of crying and whining about that team. I read in the paper where Kevin Simon didn't go to UCLA because Bob Toledo accused De La Salle of recruiting.

I don't know if De La Salle recruits or not but I know they are well coached. They are a well oiled machine. 151 in a row is outstanding. De La Salle had a 44 game winning streak before that loss in 1991. That means they have won 195 games out of their last 196 games. Amazing!!!!

rebelron,

DeLaSalle offers financial just like the D2 schools in Tennessee. The main difference is DeLaSalle is in a very populated area of East Bay so they have a large group to choose from and the California schools have not kicked them out and into another division. IMO the D2 schools should be included into the Z Plan and also play 5A football. Just my opinion.

Fulton has won 13 straight not 14.  They won their season opener last year, then lost in week 2 to Austin-East.  They won their next 13 games.  Hillsboro has won 14 straight games.  They lost their season opener in 2003 to Pearl-Cohn, then won their final 14 games. 

Richland has lost 19 straight football games and 23 out of their last 24 games overall.  I really don't know how many consecutive games that Hickman Co. has lost overall, but I know that it is definately a lot. 

I don't know if there were no repeat champions in 2003 as far as the D-II schools are concerned, but I do know that in 1A-5A there were NO repeat champions.  In D-IIA SBEC won the title last fall and I know that they lost to Crockett last season.  In D-IIAA I know that BGA won the state in 2003, but they lost to Knox. Catholic during the regular season before eventually beating them in the title game.  In D-IIAAA, I know that MBA won the title, but Brentwood Academy beat them during the regular season before MBA killed them in the Clinic Bowl.

The one thing in my post that I didn't research...I thought Fulton lost their first game, then won their last 14. Still, winning 13 games in a row is an admirable streak. But going 195-1? :lol::D:D That's amazing.

I read "Bleachers" from John Grisham. The team in that book had a streak of 3 or 4 years of not losing. I wonder if the fans of De La Salle are like White Station fans in basketball? At MTSU, they were just sitting there and expected to win.

I've been doing some research on DLS from Cal...The closest game in the Varsity season was Evangel Christian, 27-10. A pretty convincing win for it to be the closest game all year. They outscored their opponents in the North Coast Championship 135-20. Their Junior Varsity went 7-2 with one tie. The Freshman team went 8-2, outscoring Ygnacio Valley 50-6...what freshman team scores 50 points? So they don't look to be down anytime soon.

Pittsburg was the last team to beat them in 1991, and they are 244-4 in their last 248. They have 12 straight NCS titles, and 5 USA Today's National Championships. And what are the odds...Spartans...White Station...De La Salle...Can you imagine the pressure of being on that team the next team they have a weaker team?

Edited by OrangeCrush23

Gibson County has lost 33 in a row.Their last win was week 7 of the 2000 season.

Actually, GC last won in week 8 of the 2000 season against Halls. They lost their last three games of the 2000 season - they went to the playoffs that season - and have had three straight 0-10 seasons. I believe that the Pioneers will stop that streak this coming season.